Securing Gas Bottles (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2011
Coventry. England
Funster No
MH
Bessacar
Exp
Since 2009
Have a Bessacarr E435 2009 Motorhome. I am looking to replace in my Gas Locker, the current Nylon Gas Bottle Retaining Straps that have a plastic ring, which goes on top of each cylinder with straps going to lugs in the base of the locker for locating the bottles base. The current configuration is very fiddly and troublesome when replacing bottles, especially when trying to attach the gas hose; the plastic ring can be obstructive to a secure connection. I have never been happy with the lugs in the bottom of the locker, they are either not been fitted very well or every gas bottles I have replaced has had damaged bases and not fit as secure as I would like.

Browsing the internet, I have come across these Gas bottle base and wall restraint holders which seem to be the answer to my problem see link

Has any forum member had the same issue, replaced their retaining straps, what recommendations do they have and what should I beware of when carrying out any replacement works.

Any advice very appreciated!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
My opinion based on the number of vans I work on
Your undesirable ones are not the every day common ones
The ones you are looking at and thinking of fitting are in use in far more vans so must be ok

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The ones in your link are far superior to anything else, there's no need to buy the plastic base bit as just fixing some wood battens to the base of the locker will do the same thing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
I’m having the same trouble with this type of ring fitting.

Any tips on how to fit them properly, photos would help if possible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back