Securing bikes in a box trailer (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hi,

Looking for ideas from the knowledgeable as to how to secure a pair of adult bikes in a Bateson Box Trailer 120V so they don't damage the fibre glass side walls/roof when on the move.

Thank you

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Towel or similar (old sponge) between anything on the pushbike that touches anything on the trailer. Bungees pulled tight should sort it out. I would be tempted (dependant upon loading space) to try to put them in last as it means they will come out first if possible. Then you can wedge them in with the other stuff (which is presumably a lot of stuff !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A couple of lengths of 50mm electrical cable basket (very lightweight and cheap) fixed to the floor and a few tiedown rings.
Basket to stop the wheels moving and tiedowns to, well, hold in place.
Fix tiedowns front and rear and they'll take up very little space.
The baskets won't take any more space than the wheels would.

$_1 (1).JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We tow an off-road TGA Breeze scooter in our box trailer, it has brakes but I tie the electric bike against the wall and put plenty of padding between the bike and the casing of the scooter. I learnt the hard way and got some scratches the first time out. I have 2 pennants flying so I can see the trailer is still towing. One is the Scottish flag and one is The Orkneys. A Union Jack in Scotland might not be appropriate.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We have bikes in the garage and I just remove front wheels. I have a piece of wood and a bracket which holds each bike upright. The brackets I used were the ones they use on car roof racks which hold the front folks. So you could use them and fasten them to the floor. They have a quick release so easy enough to use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back