Secure storage & Insurance (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Just going out for new insurance quotes. I've always gone through Frank Pickles but they have stopped insuring high value motorhomes.

I store my van on a CC secure storage site.

I received a quote from Safe Guard but their system does not recognise secure storage on their tick box. It has to be private land, locked building Car port but no secure storage listed. I don't know if anyone else uses secure storage and insures through Safe Guard. If you do what did you say on this tick box section?

I am waiting for the CC to call me back so I can ask them what they class the land as. I'm just worried if I have to make a claim they may not entertain it if I say the wrong category.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Mine is on a CASSOA storage site with Safeguard. They readily accept this.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think for insurance purposes the site won't usually be recognised unless it has CaSSOA certification. A CC storage site means nothing to the insurers, for all they know it could just be a farmers field.

http://www.cassoa.co.uk/find-a-cassoa-site/

Mine's on a CaSSOA Gold site with CaravanGuard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I'm insured with Comfort. I got a discount for being on a CASSOA approved site. Gave them the post code and they had it on their list.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Looking at the link it suggests some of their sites are but not all of them?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Looking at the link it suggests some of their sites are but not all of them?
Not all are Gold it suggests. EDIT no I see your point Nick.

The easiest way is to phone Safeguard as you would have to anyway at some point and more likely to get a better quote than doing it online especially as "new business" they don't bite

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
CASSOA accreditation makes a bit of difference to a Safeguard quote, but you need to offset that against any extra mileage involved in choosing another site. For most typical MHs every additional 5 miles of travel will cost you another litre of diesel. We gave up on a CASSOA site with a 50 mile round trip for a non-CASSOA site with a 15 mile round trip. Do the math, as they say in America. The non-CASSOA site we use is actually more secure too - they just don't seek accreditation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back