Secure Bike Rack Possible for Electric Bikes? (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Hey All,

Still trying to decide on the perfect van to go full-timing in :)

I was only looking at vans with a descent garage, as will have a couple of electric bikes, but I've seen a model I like with a smaller garage.

Before completely dismissing this van I thought I'd ask here if anyone has a good solution for adding electrics bikes to some kind of rear mounted rack securely?

Maybe a good rack and some kind of cover?

Thinking about it, I can't imagine it being that less secure as I doubt a hab door is that hard to get into? Being on display doesn't sound wise, but covered and well locked?

Any ideas or solutions really appreciated.

Cheers, David.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi David,go for a good garage,out of sight is peace of mind and will better keep from the weather thats just my view though!!!(y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Before completely dismissing this van I thought I'd ask here if anyone has a good solution for adding electrics bikes to some kind of rear mounted rack securely?
Cheers, David.

Our live on the back with a security loop round the rack and bikes. Wouldn't stop a pro.

But I take the view that an ebike without it's battery is semi worthless to a thief.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Seconded for the garage option. Ebikes are expensive and very knickable.
I rearranged our garage so as to get 2 bikes in, and stuck a cargo bag on the bike rack to store the stuff we took out ( chairs, tables, ramps etc)
Out of sight, out of mind. Rather they knicked a few hundred quids worth than a few grand!

IMG_1239.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Our live on the back with a security loop round the rack and bikes. Wouldn't stop a pro.

But I take the view that an ebike without it's battery is semi worthless to a thief.

We also take the seats off our e bikes when on the rear rack(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back