Secondhand Motorstep/Powerstep (1 Viewer)

richyg

Free Member
Dec 6, 2016
hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
lunar clubman caravan
Exp
since 2010 this time round. previously 1975 to 1990. caravan
First I don't know how they differ, if they differ, and I think Powerstep have stopped making them.

My darling wife has a rare disability where all of her muscles are wasting away and she is unable to get up a normal height step let alone three or a flight. I have come across the above that are very expensive and was hoping one of the members here might have one for sale or know of someone that has one for sale. I envisage it would also be helpful in the garden and possibly in the home.

Not wishing to be too morbid I feel that this is a last ditch attempt at being able to continue caravaning/motorhoming.

Keeping our fingers crossed.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Very sorry to hear of your wife's illness ,I have no idea re prices but is this the type you're looking for
Link Removed

Very close to your location also.:xThumb:
Wishing you all success and a merry Xmas .

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Hello :hi:

I hope you manage to find what you're looking for, as you say perhaps putting a wanted add in the classified section may be a better bet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
A friend of mine who has a Hymer and whose wife is in a wheelchair due to MS, has made a simple powered step by attaching a wooden top to a car scissor jack. He uses a battery powered drill to raise and lower the jack, the step lives in a skirt locker with the drill so always to hand. He has put grab handles on the MH for his wife to hold whilst being lowered and raised. There is an additional low wooden step to enable his wife to get on and off the top of the jack which she can do whilst still holding the grab handles. It all works brilliantly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back