Secondhand Motorstep/Powerstep

Discussion in 'Motorhomes for the Disabled' started by richyg, Dec 6, 2016.

1. richyg

richyg

Ratings:
    +0
    First I don't know how they differ, if they differ, and I think Powerstep have stopped making them.

My darling wife has a rare disability where all of her muscles are wasting away and she is unable to get up a normal height step let alone three or a flight. I have come across the above that are very expensive and was hoping one of the members here might have one for sale or know of someone that has one for sale. I envisage it would also be helpful in the garden and possibly in the home.

Not wishing to be too morbid I feel that this is a last ditch attempt at being able to continue caravaning/motorhoming.

Keeping our fingers crossed.

2. jollyrodger

jollyrodger Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +15,218
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  3. Madeinengland

Madeinengland Funster

Ratings:
    +1,352
    Hello :hi:

I hope you manage to find what you're looking for, as you say perhaps putting a wanted add in the classified section may be a better bet.

4. Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie Funster

Ratings:
    +4,780
    A friend of mine who has a Hymer and whose wife is in a wheelchair due to MS, has made a simple powered step by attaching a wooden top to a car scissor jack. He uses a battery powered drill to raise and lower the jack, the step lives in a skirt locker with the drill so always to hand. He has put grab handles on the MH for his wife to hold whilst being lowered and raised. There is an additional low wooden step to enable his wife to get on and off the top of the jack which she can do whilst still holding the grab handles. It all works brilliantly.

• Like it Like it x 2