secondary transport (1 Viewer)

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Been thinking about secondary transport when m/h is on a site for a few days and come up with this http://www.bicicletta.co.uk/index.p...egory_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53ith I have a Citreon C4 that gets us from the house to the storage also i need a big car for fishing therfore buying a small car to tow is out of the question.Had thoughts on scooter but that would mean electric or 50cc petrol as i dont hold a bigger bike licence...What experience/views does anyone have re these??...Dave

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
No experience of the electric bikes, but seen them a lot cheaper
for that money you could buy a very good 50cc petrol scooter and have the option to ride two up and faster :thumb:if you have grandfather rights on your car licence
ie full moped entitlement
Geo

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Yep 50cc scooters are great as long as you just want to plod about which is what we want to do on our jollies is it not ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We have had elecy bikes for 3 years and think thay are the bizz
Got them off ebay
Power cycles £350 each

Happy biking days
Chrisboyo:thumb:

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
if you have grandfather rights on your car ... Geo it is called a senior citizen...thats what i tell my 9 grankids and 2 great grankids:cry:

At least with a little scooter with 2 up i wont have the fear of her indoors falling in a hedge somewhere down a country lane when she comes out of the pub:ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
At least with a little scooter with 2 up i wont have the fear of her indoors falling in a hedge somewhere down a country lane when she comes out of the pub:ROFLMAO:

Oh, you saw my wife !

This was at Peterborough, on the "cycle path" by the main road. It was so bad and narrow we gave up going anywhere and turned round. She was in the lead. I looked sideways and back. No wife. A few yards further on there she was on her back in a ditch with the bike on top of her. This saved any damage to the bike.

It was a big HGV that just blew her over.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i would recomend a chinese dax .like the honda but cheaper weighs 80kg carries two big fat blokes ,i know (me and my mate)great for playing about on. cheap on flee bay. could be larger engine with 50 sticker you cant tell the difference.

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
i would recomend a chinese dax .like the honda but cheaper weighs 80kg carries two big fat blokes ,i know (me and my mate)great for playing about on. cheap on flee bay. could be larger engine with 50 sticker you cant tell the difference.

vwalan:thumb: ......I might recomend one if i knew what the bloody hell it was:ROFLMAO:....I've looked up No's 3 7 9 14 26 34 and 87 and they've all got rice with them:ROFLMAO:....come on give us a clue mate:thumb:....Dave

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dave ,they are a 2 seater monkey bike .fold down handlebars.
i,v had one since 2001 never go away without it. bought a 110cc last year 2yr old for 370quid on e bay .my first was 1,000. so things are getting cheaper.
i,m 17 stone my mate is 19 st.
he bought his own for last winter .
ask vindyboy i,m sure he as seen us terrorising portugal on them.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Dave I will try and pm you again today. For some reason have problems when the submit button pushed.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dave ,get your bike licence .eat my dirt in barnsley are doing 125 cc dax for 999 quid thats a good price and lots of go. course you could pm me i have an idea, cheers alan.

craiggs

Free Member
Feb 20, 2010
Funster No
when was you last on a bike i have tryed but take tow car and push bikes you can get a new puch bike for £50 and try that befor you spend lots only as good as the batties if you use all the time they are good

niblue

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
C-class
Exp
I'd love to have a go on a decent electric bike to see what it's like. They seem very heavy though.

We usually use normal push bikes (I do quite a lot of cycling anyway) but the new motorhome has a motorbike with a big garage so just need to sort out which motorbike to use now, as mine are all too big or heavy with the exception of the dirt bike which is too impractical. Was thinking about a Honda CBF125 or a 250 if I can find one.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
niblue keep your eyes open for a tu 250 suzuki .nice single with twin exhaust. i have a tu250 grasstracker .japanese home market model goes well and looks like a 70,s bike. its a road bike but as a sort of trail bike look .orange /white. they are on google .the uk version is the volty. cheers alan.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
we have 2 electric bikes which we use and they are 24kilos each with the batteries, we take batteries out for travel and keep them on a normal bike rack, we got them off ebay for £330 each but have seen them at shows recently with gears because in my mind they are the best to get because you have back up when the batteries run down as they are heavy to ride when the batteries are flat as I found out on the camel trail and had to cycle 5 mikes without the battery and believe me they are hard to ride when they have no battery, we are SO glad we have them we have seem much more of the countryside than walking as tez has a bad back and can't walk far so it's been great for us with Susie in the front basket we get off and walk when it's easy to give Susie a walk as well we have tested them and they will go around 17 to 20 miles with pedal assist, my battery was faulty which has been replaced though that why mine ran out before his did!!

Oct 13, 2008
Funster No
Exp
3638184015_e5a821512d_b.jpg

Plenty of Honda Dax photos here Link Removed

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
well now thats agood post .wish mine looked like the red one. they are great bikes for a camper .now its easy to have a 50cc to a 125 cc. they do build them up to 150cc and i have heard a rumour 180cc .i use a 90cc and a 110cc .recomend them to everyone .both mine are chinese but look just the same. honda are owners of the factories in china so the build quality is ok. my 90 is 9 years old and does get a hammering.
cheers ride on

Oct 13, 2008
Funster No
Exp
The only problem I have with my 189cc Dax is that I run out of fuel after 20 miles :RollEyes: 2.5 litres doesn't go very far :Sad:

I have noticed that one of the copies now comes with a 3.5 litre tank, so that would get me 28 miles :roflmto:

Great little bikes, I have two of them myself :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back