keithcdb

Free Member
May 31, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
Well the first trip was great, did not go to far from home so this time I fancy going maybe 3 hours or so from home. Looking at the NE of england or the lakes, we have a three year old lass and a yorkie so looking for something to keep all happy.

Any ideas? Been looking on uk campsite.co.uk but would love some input from the pro's :thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the lakes are nice, but very busy in the peak summer months so campsites may be fully booked already

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
I can recommend going down the Northumberland coast line. We have just done it and had a fab time. We stayed in seahouses but did Holy island, alwnwick castle and gardens. It has great beaches, so well worth a trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you are not already a C&CC member it may be worth joining as there are a number of meets and Temporary Holiday Sites in the North East in the next couple of months (including Beadnell for Holy Island trips).

They are mainly without facilities (apart from fresh water and waste disposal) but a heck of a lot cheaper than staying on sites. You could save your membership fee in a long weekend or so.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We are thinking of heading to St Mary's loch this weekend just outside Moffat, you can either camp at the pub campsite or wildcamp 100 yards away. Loch is lovely and calm so both dog and wee one would love it.also has a water sports center and cafe.

Nothing else there apart from stunning views and lovely walks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back