second trip and already watering the grass with grey water (1 Viewer)

beltsandbraces

Free Member
Feb 14, 2017
worthing
Funster No
MH
lunar 780
Exp
wife decided she wanted to use the shower in our new to us motorhome (to my disgust) her argument being the shower block is a long walk in the dark and cold!!! AND!! so poured a pint went outside and contemplated the thought of getting the aquaroll out to replace the water the wife was now using.
Then heard the sound of water pouring outside the van by the shower, Oh dear I thought, okay maybe not that polite. Major leak, having inspected looks like it is going between the shower tray and the wall so that's this weekend taken up with trim and silicone, lets hope for an easy fix as the wife enjoyed her shower in a heated bathroom and I enjoyed my walk with the aquaroll to the shower block in the dark and cold night.

OP
OP
beltsandbraces

beltsandbraces

Free Member
Feb 14, 2017
worthing
Funster No
MH
lunar 780
Exp
Are you sure it is a leak and that you have not left open the drain tap from the grey waste water tank?
no it was coming from behind the rear wheel arch right below the shower, and on spraying water in that area the following morning it poured out again.

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We had our shower tray resealed recently. The tray had cracked where the drain is and was so hidden that it took me ages to find it. We had a very good job done and no leak. I'll post the link if I can find it.

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
The company is called Speedcoat and is a Franchise. We used a guy from Blofield in Norfolk.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jansellsbond

Free Member
Feb 24, 2016
Dawlish
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Broadway FB
Exp
since 2004
When you're at home do you pop round the neighbour's and offer him a quid for the use of his shower?

OP
OP
beltsandbraces

beltsandbraces

Free Member
Feb 14, 2017
worthing
Funster No
MH
lunar 780
Exp
well so much for an easy fix, on closer inspection have now found the shower tray is cracked all the way around the waste hole and also found a crack on the base that had been smeared with sealer (not happy) have contacted the dealer i purchased her from and await a call on monday to find out weather they will cover it under the warranty.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back