Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Northwich
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2013
I'm not a newbie but still learning. Had a Chausson Flash 10 for 5 years but traded it for a Globecar Roadscout this March. It's much easier to get round Scotland and fits on my own driveway.
Finding your Globecar Modification threads get the grey cells working well. Will update you all on my own changes soon.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
A big welcome for starters. You make a great point about Scotland and it just so happens that we are looking to do the Globecar option too.

I'll be interested to read about your mods and changes in the future.

All the best,(y)

Andrew

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome from South Wiltshire

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Welcome to Fun
@Minxy Girl will be along to help in a jiffy when she reads this, when it comes to Globecars she cant help herself :D(y)
Les

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Welcome to Fun
@Minxy Girl will be along to help in a jiffy when she reads this, when it comes to Globecars she cant help herself :D(y)
Les
You've got me down to a 'T'! :D

Too late now as I'm off to bed but will revisit this thread later. :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just remembered this thread ... :oops: ... if you have any queries just post them as there are quite a few Globecar owners on here so I'm sure one of us will have the answer! (y)

I've got some updated to do to my website when I get the chance but we've been battling with cleaning the camper and doing the mountain or washing ... must say that the laundry 'chute' worked perfectly though ... no idea where I'd have stuck it all otherwise! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

darlobob

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Northwich
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2013
As requested, and relating to my Globecar Roadscout (only 5.4 metres), a few photos of my mods and explanatory comments -

Photo 1 - A small microwave can be squeezed in by removing the top section of the garage divider. It takes away part of the storage area which you're not likely to use anyway. I fixed a plywood shelf in such a way that it can be removed without any trace except a couple of screw holes in the reinforcement of the back of the lower section of the divider.

Photo 2 - Suprising how much light the control panel (Schaudt LT100) puts out at night. Crude application of electricians tape made a big difference but I added tiny holes for EHU and 12v on/off lights to be seen.

Photo 3 - Keep the bed dry! Two sticky hooks, a length of dowel and two chopped off shower curtains cost about a tenner. In windy conditions the curtains can be held down with clothes pegs. The storage area holds two folding bikes, two chairs, a table, ramps, silverscreen, EHU cable, fishing gear,etc, etc.

Photo 4 - This chinese timer switch is the only visible sign of my radio mod. With a relay and this switch I can run the radio without switching on the ignition and lighting up the campsite with my running lights. I can also play a CD to sing me to sleep and it switches itself off. I left it connected to the cab battery as without the ignition elements there has been no power issue. Didn't need to run any cable into habitation area. Fully reversible (if I buy a new standard radio link) and cost another tenner. Could try to clean up my wiring diagram if anyone is interested.

Photo 5 - I still bang my head but it doesn't hurt anymore (99p). You can see how the silverscreen (expensive but works very well - with a tiny mod!) fold down section works but the side sections do darken the cab quite a bit.

Photo 6 - The plastic covers below the seat backs had to go. On the drivers side the replacement panel holds the fire extinguisher, soon to be joined by a voltmeter/ammeter for the habitation batteries (due next Spring - I'm going to ditch the AGM battery which would not have liked 5 months in the showroom and cannot be matched with another battery now). On the passenger side will sit the solar regulator, as close as possible to the EBL 119, when the solar panel is fitted over the winter.

Has it all been tested?
Well, the Pass of the Cattle on the Applecross peninsula (Scottish NW500) is a piece of cake now the road has been widened by 6 inches but Hardknott Pass in the Lakes is still a bu--er. Three miles in first gear really messes up the range function on the computer. Stone walls mess up bumper corners and to replace one means removing a back light unit which means dismantling the gas locker. Yes, you need a socket set to change a rear light bulb!

Must drain the tanks and pipes now.

Attachments

• DSC03616.JPG
    DSC03616.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC03617.JPG
    DSC03617.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC03618.JPG
    DSC03618.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC03619.JPG