Feb 14, 2018
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner PVC OEM+
Exp
Since 2010
Afternoon All,
Having been on the lookout for a bigger van for four years now I have finally got things sorted (financially, emotionally & swapping cars). We have upscaled from a SWB VW T5 to a Burstner 6m PVC. I initially wanted a 5.4m PVC and automatic but they were either out of our budget or I didn’t have all my ducks lined up ready to act. So we sold our T5 during lockdown as he had been SORN and we weren’t using him and swapped cars to free up equity so I could act quickly.

These were my original requirements

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/campervan-to-motorhome.169843/#post-2717999

I then started looking at bigger vans and manual ones but was strict on my colour preferences and rear garage layout so was very limited. Sunlight Cliff 600 XVs looked perfect but I couldn’t buy one new or second hand due to demand. Then I discovered a Burstner City Car that was perfect so rang up and paid a deposit instantly.

Two months later he’s home and on the drive ready for adventures.
I’ve upgraded my membership to paid so I could take advantage of the insurance discount offered through AIB as only being 37 it’s quite a purchase that the insurance companies couldn’t offer reasonable quotes on.
So hopefully I’m going to be about here for a long time and will have to start waving at fellow motorhomers and still campervans.

Jonny

D5898C59-97D1-4CF4-84F0-47C4F252225F.jpeg

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jonny
Just to let you know that you aren't being ignored. Your post has only just this minute gone live. We manually check and approve new members first five posts that have links within just to ensure they are not spammers. Your post was just approved; people can see it now (y) Thanks.

Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Very smart. I like the way the red stripe on the van co-ordinates with the red Fiat.
Yeah, I thought the Fiat had a pony-tail, but then I am just daft. I agree, white is pretty boring and that sure looks a smart ‘van. AIB is a good choice too, I have been with them 8 years.
Welcome to Fun

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Welcome to a fellow PVC owner, you will love the driving position and the fact that you shoukd be able to park it in the same spots you parked your T5, with a little overhang. Good look getting out and about. Don’t forget to ask Jim for a Fun sticker

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Welcome to a fellow PVC owner, you will love the driving position and the fact that you shoukd be able to park it in the same spots you parked your T5, with a little overhang. Good look getting out and about. Don’t forget to ask Jim for a Fun sticker
He will have no trouble with “a little overhang”, see how much of that little Fiat is on the grass !

OP
OP
JonnyWilson
Feb 14, 2018
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner PVC OEM+
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

:welcome4: No one waves at us in our PVC but then again we do look like an ice cream van with the big air con unit on top at the front!!!

We have the smaller tinted windows on the rear doors that make the van look like a police mobile speed trap van you see in laybays so need to do something about that!

He will have no trouble with “a little overhang”, see how much of that little Fiat is on the grass !

Got a 13 week wait for the driveway widening as the local best reputable company are so busy with everyone tarting there homes up (or buying damaged car’s on co-part and fixing them up at home, is what they said). Saying that it’s more green hardcore than grass being a new build, so needs re-turfing with some actual soil underneath.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back