Second home owners reprimanded? (1 Viewer)

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
He's no different to you or anyone else in the UK.

Of course he is...... apart from being Government leader, ultimate responsible for Government policy, finger on the nuclear button, overseeing the response to the biggest crisis in a century etc. The last thing we need is the PM dealing with critical issues if that means he can’t fully socially isolate. Bit like a NHS worker really?

OP
OP
Paulypaul
Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Are they moving back to their first/second home next week, staying put or is this just supposition.
Well, given the "no nonsense " approach of Norfolk Police, as described by their head honcho Simon Bailey, :LOL::rolleyes: I would assume that they're staying put till they are good and ready to go back to London. After all, they know the Police are going to do naff all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
As laudable an idea as that is, it’s really just not reality.

To be able to do such you would need to be very financially secure and very charitable, also you would need to be very sure about the buyer, imagine you lived in the West Country and as a seller decided to do such a “local market price” unlike the channel Islands you would have no guarantee that the buyer would not sell to an open market.

Therefore, the benefit of your generosity would simply be last, or in other words you would be giving your own money to someone else for no long term benefit to the communit.

That is exactly the point he is trying to make in response to those who suggest that high house prices are the sole result of purchasers and has nothing to do with sellers.

Ian

OP
OP
Paulypaul
Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Of course he is...... apart from being Government leader, ultimate responsible for Government policy, finger on the nuclear button, overseeing the response to the biggest crisis in a century etc. The last thing we need is the PM dealing with critical issues if that means he can’t fully socially isolate. Bit like a NHS worker really?
But surely wasn't it his own disregard for his own governments advice that led him to become infected in the first place, along with his health minister? Surely he should lead by example....or is he just like his old dad? Bless him?
Do as I say not as I do. That seems to be the ethos that the lot of them live by whilst the minions just keep on getting shafted by the lack of support?

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
But surely wasn't it his own disregard for his own governments advice that led him to become infected in the first place, along with his health minister? Surely he should lead by example....or is he just like his old dad? Bless him?
Do as I say not as I do. That seems to be the ethos that the lot of them live by whilst the minions just keep on getting shafted by the lack of support?
Given his role and environment he works in, I’d be surprised if he didn’t contract it! Added bonus is we now a PM with immunity (probably) so can get on with dealing with all this stuff without holding back for concern of his own welfare.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Interesting to reflect on Rachel Johnson’s recent book - she recounts how as children they were encouraged by Stanley to play football where there was a No Ball Games sign, and when a neighbour complained he (Stanley) threatened to punch the neighbour. Rules only apply to other people...

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Clock resets every time you go out.

hmm.

could die of a heart attack as well.

what we actually
2m rule strictly observed.

all, yep all items bought washed in soapy water

all hands sanitised as soon as boot packed

all door handles sanitized .

Hands washed again

chances virtually zilch.

only real danger is someone sneezing or coughing.

oh and no touching face.

got a scrtachy stick thing if i get an itch

this thing spreads by touching face nose and eyes, from hands or sneeze cough off someone else.

i am playing devil's advocate though just to push the boundaries and chew the fat!.

i reckon we will be self isolating as much as possible into next year when hopefully we can get a jab.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Your continued insistence that any local who sells a house in the West Country is ‘greedy’ is quite bizarre. Have you ever sold a house on the open market? If so, does that make you ‘greedy‘ too?
Yes but i dont drip and go on and on and on about how bad the people buying houses are

I took the money and run

Like the locals that sold their communities birthrights

I have already suggested a solution

Compulsory purchase, funded through the rates

Simple enough, if there is a will

Bet there's not
Absolutely right, and what is an ‘inflated price’ anyway? There is no such thing. The market is the market, simple.
So people aren't doing anything wrong, they are paying the market price

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
All we have to do is follow the guidelines its not rocket science its even becoming the norm now. Why cant people understand whats being said one thousand times a day STAY at home. Instead all the knob heads try to find every excuse under the sun to floute the rules. Good friends of ours down the road keep having their son round he comes and goes as he pleases so wrong.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Are you sane? I'm a normal person not rich. now semi stuck in Bordeaux? Rules are the same for all! not better off or poor.
So, Your in Bordeaux,? BUT your avatar says your in Skelmersdale?. Which when I last looked on the Map was in Lancashire?. Yep, just checked google, it`s still in Lancashire. they haven't moved it to France then?.

Nov 25, 2019
Dartmouth
Funster No
MH
1990 swift kon tiki
Exp
I,m a newbie
Many villages and small towns in Cornwall and Devon have new structures set up now as the one I live in which prohibits any new builds now for second homes and will also not grant permission for change off use to holiday lets now either as they reckonise how much a struggle it is for people who live there

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Think to be fair....the issue of whether or not there is local infrastructure to support future housing is not the issue for the person who wishes to build properties but for the local authorities who have given the planning permission for the properties to be built. Local authorities have to consider these issues prior to granting consent? If granted I can only assume they were happy that sufficient resources were in place or planned for?
You, haven`t had the "delights" of dealing with our L-A?. Their So called "planners", couldn't plan a booze up!. The head man has already been the subject of one police investigation!. "lack of evidence"!. Over the last 10 or more years, I have had several "run-ins with both him and his deputy, over being "economical with the truth". His face and body language was a picture, when "we", as a group, defeated the plans for an " Anaerobic Digester" gas plant within 500 yards of the primary school (for one). L-A`s are charged with the provision of "infrastructure", But the fact that the Primary school is already oversubscribed, our surgery tiny, the current ongoing development of just 15 properties, is on a site originally refused planning for a new medical centre!. And 200+ houses planned in the current phase, and a local "plan" with more? makes no sense whatsoever.

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
You, haven`t had the "delights" of dealing with our L-A?. Their So called "planners", couldn't plan a booze up!. The head man has already been the subject of one police investigation!. "lack of evidence"!. Over the last 10 or more years, I have had several "run-ins with both him and his deputy, over being "economical with the truth". His face and body language was a picture, when "we", as a group, defeated the plans for an " Anaerobic Digester" gas plant within 500 yards of the primary school (for one). L-A`s are charged with the provision of "infrastructure", But the fact that the Primary school is already oversubscribed, our surgery tiny, the current ongoing development of just 15 properties, is on a site originally refused planning for a new medical centre!. And 200+ houses planned in the current phase, and a local "plan" with more? makes no sense whatsoever.
The Planning system is fairly inept and corrupt. Big developers inevitably get what they want if they’re prepared to stick it out for the long-term and grind everybody down with smart-arse lawyers, technical challenges, costly appeals plus a few ‘sweeteners’ when necessary. That’s how they work, it’s no hardship for them.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They wouldn’t need to to as it’s neither.
they could not understand.
just as i do at home.

and if i moved from pembs to my penthouse in london?

(i am playing devils advocate of course)
before lock down no probs after should be shot.:)
Why cant people understand whats being said one thousand times a day STAY at home.
I don't like "home". I've never liked home wherever it is/was ,and spend the least time in it as possible. So for me it's a nightmare especially as it is far stricter here. Although I am managing to comply.

OP
OP
Paulypaul
Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
On the other hand, while they should not have travelled to their second homes after lockdown, provided they are now obeying lockdown would it not be lunacy to insist they travel back to the first home. Would that not be an unnecessary journey.
But thats the point, they are not obeying lockdown, in our village
Good point, actually they would be breaking the laws that some people think have shouldn’t have been broken in the first place!

Which of course weren’t broken if someone chose to lockdown in a 2nd home, prior to the lockdown, and would definitely be broken if hounded out by the burning brand and pitchfork fraternity :giggle:
A lot are missing the point arent they? As you rightly stated "Prior" is the Key Word ?

It was after lockdown, how do they justify that?

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
As we hit, nigh on, 1000 deaths a day in the UK alone perhaps we should implement the more Draconian measures in place elsewhere. If individuals can't understand what this virus is capable of, how it spreads and the risks their actions potentially can have on the human race then we must face the consequences.
What is more important for humanity at large, legislation or common sense?
If that means a "Police State" for a period of time, so be it.
Surely, the most important part of the message is SAVE LIVES.
Common Sense inna very common though.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
But thats the point, they are not obeying lockdown, in our village

It was after lockdown, how do they justify that?
Yes we know that ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If anyone feels strongly about those who are NOT observing 'lockdown' then rather than whinge about it report them ... it isn't just about them or you, it's about the whole of the country's population who could be affected in due course.

If I observed someone consistently doing it then I would report it ... if you have scruples do it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back