East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I might have a Roadpro twin LND Dome for sale.Its 3 years old and in perfect
working order.The reason I may sell it is its no good below mid France,in
Uk it works really well.So we want to change to a Oyster Dish as other thread.
just wondering whether people buy second hand domes?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Yes they do, but what are you hoping to get further afield with an Oyster that you cannot get with the dome?

We won't / don't sell the RoadPro version so have no axe to grind by hate seeing people waste money unnecessarily

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I was recently south of Bordeaux and a guy next to us had a Oyster 3 Dish and was getting all the freeview channels where we had lost all the channels on our Dome just south of Le Mans.
And at Easter it was the same.Perfect in UK and Northern France,nothing going South.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
If you imagine a arc begween Bordeaux and Lyon, and the same between the Alps and the Pyrenees you will loose guaranteed reception of BBC channels, ITV, Channel Four and Channel 5 and all derivatives

The Oyster will be better, but marginally for the above channels and derivatives. Hard to justify the cost for a marginal improvement, and one I wouldn't recommend for our customers

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Wise words from Eddie, we have an earlier version dome and know it can be pot luck with a UK signal, even moving a few feet can mean getting a signal or not.

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
If you imagine a arc begween Bordeaux and Lyon, and the same between the Alps and the Pyrenees you will loose guaranteed reception of BBC channels, ITV, Channel Four and Channel 5 and all derivatives

The Oyster will be better, but marginally for the above channels and derivatives. Hard to justify the cost for a marginal improvement, and one I wouldn't recommend for our customers

Thanks Eddie for your input.
I don't know if my Dome has auto skew or not,if not could that be
The reason it doesn't work past Northern France?

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Wise words from Eddie, we have an earlier version dome and know it can be pot luck with a UK signal, even moving a few feet can mean getting a signal or not.

Yes I have had that on some occasions were moving a few feet makes a difference!

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Just a bit of info about our Oyster 3 sat dish.
On our recent holiday we went south of Bordeaux again and we got tv ok but when we moved on to the Bay of Roses in Spain we lost the signal,but that could of been the site we were on had a lot of trees I don't know.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
In Jan and Feb this year we were getting all channels along most of southern Spain with an oyster 85cm dish with a humax decoder but most others with a 85cm were not so just pot luck but anywhere along the south coast of France we got full channels, we have not got the van anymore (another funster has:D) but we have a similar system on our new van so Sharp is keeping her fingers crossed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back