Second battery (1 Viewer)

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Just had a second had battery fitted by dealer, got home and noticed it is a 90ah my first battery is 110ah. I'm sure I read somewhere on here that they should be of equal size. Will it matter and should I go back and get the standard 110ah fitted ? (80 mile round trip)

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Seems a stupid question now but I'm going to ask it anyway, didn't you discuss your requirements with them first and agree a scope of supply and a price before driving 40 miles over there to have it done. Equally stupid question, didn't you inspect the installation whilst you were there before you parted with the spondoolicks?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Different capacity doesn't matter....age difference does.

If the original is more than 18 months or so old it may be worth changing that one as well as its charged capacity will be reduced bringing down the capacity of the new one.

BUT....recently there was a change in the way manufactures determined capacity and it may well be your new 90ah is in fact the direct equivalent to an older 110ah battery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
motorhomewave
Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Van is only 4 months old so battery number 1 should still be in top condition, number 2 battery has been placed in a plastic container so is not actually visible, it was only after I got home and saw the paperwork I realised, but if age counts more than size I should be OK, they did only charge me for the 90ah battery ! which is a relief.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back