LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Until tomorrow Seatruck Ferries have special offers on their Heysham - Dublin and Liverpool - Dublin routes. It says for bookings made in February but I didn't read far enough to see when you have to travel. Might benefit someone :)

https://seatruck.freight2ferry.co.uk/

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
We are going after Easter and I don't really know what to expect...... the ship sails at 2 am (exact timing depends on tides) so the idea is that we leave home after lunch and find somewhere to park for a few hours just outside Heysham (maybe a car park or lay-by), rest up before and after tea and into the evening. Turn up at the port around midnight (or whatever time they say). Once we are loaded and have had safety drill etc it will be down to the cabin and heads down, sleep if we can.

Having checked the prices from elsewhere on other lines it appears to be very good value and I'm not looking for or expecting luxury! I know the Irish Sea has a reputation for being rough!!!!!

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
We are going after Easter and I don't really know what to expect...... the ship sails at 2 am (exact timing depends on tides) so the idea is that we leave home after lunch and find somewhere to park for a few hours just outside Heysham (maybe a car park or lay-by), rest up before and after tea and into the evening. Turn up at the port around midnight (or whatever time they say). Once we are loaded and have had safety drill etc it will be down to the cabin and heads down, sleep if we can.

Having checked the prices from elsewhere on other lines it appears to be very good value and I'm not looking for or expecting luxury! I know the Irish Sea has a reputation for being rough!!!!!
Hi Helen. .. did you check out the stena and p&o price's from cairn Ryan. ..
If you can be flexible with sailing times I can get the fare down to about £90... that's about as cheap as I've seen... it can be over £160 on the more popular times ... those are the economy prices which mean they can't be changed once booked I believe...
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I parked up in the trailer park waiting for the sailing as we were last on before they closed the doors.
Best of luck in the cabins as they smell of exhaust fumes and the aircon doesn't work. Night sailing is fine as you can sleep most of the night (note smell and heat) And in the morning there is as much as you want to eat in the mess, not many drivers as it is a Trailer ferry, hence,very slow. Coming back in the day it is boring as hell and even slower. It gets in late and then you need to park up to sleep somewhere as we were knackered from doing nothing.
BUT it is the very cheapest way to get to Ireland and I am glad I went. £199 return is a lot cheaper than the poncy ferries one way.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
BUT it is the very cheapest way to get to Ireland

I've just checked stena on 20th April. ..motor home up to 10m long and two adults...if you are prepared to get the 4am sailing it's £93.85 single.. it's only a two and a half hour crossing..
If you can afford to be flexible with your times you can get it as cheap as the £199 you mentioned... but it's not a cheap crossing whatever way it's done...
Andy.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Hi Helen. .. did you check out the stena and p&o price's from cairn Ryan. ..
If you can be flexible with sailing times I can get the fare down to about £90... that's about as cheap as I've seen... it can be over £160 on the more popular times ... those are the economy prices which mean they can't be changed once booked I believe...
Andy

We were quoted £330 for the dates we need Andy - that was with the club discount. It actually tales us longer to get to Cairnryan than to Heysham!!! Anyway we will see what the trip is like. We are not going straight home but need to be in Lancashire the weekend we are back (to look after the little boy who's best friend is his Grandad).

When we go again we'll see what P&O / Stena can offer.

Seatruck are charging us £160 return including meals etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We're returning from a very enjoyable three weeks in Ireland tomorrow, with P&O. £220 return, and that included their current 15% off offer. Seatruck sounded interesting but no good to us as dog not allowed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back