Free Member
Mar 1, 2017
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2014
(I originally posted this in Motorhome Accessories, but didn't get much response. Maybe that was the wrong section.)

The seatbelts on the rear seat/bed in my VW T5 are quite short, and even fairly slim people have to tug at them to make them reach around to buckle up.

So I bought a seatbelt extender on eBay (). It calls itself universal, but when I tried it I found the tongue and buckle are 2 cm wide, whereas those on my seat belts are 3 cm wide (see pic).

So I got onto the Web again, but nowhere can I find seatbelt extenders where the tongue and buckle are 3 cm wide. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Is 3 cm a non-standard width? The place who converted the vehicle (3 years ago) turned out to be cowboys, who skimped on lots of things, so I'm beginning to think they even skimped on these seatbelts.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Can't help you, but I bet this firm can, they do all sorts of seatbelts for classic cars and non-standard vehicles. Might be easier to just replace your belts possibly? If you're in doubt about the seatbelts on your van may be as well to get them checked out, where and how they are mounted is critical.

https://www.quickfitsbs.com/about_us.php

OP
OP
G

goodmorrow

Free Member
Mar 1, 2017
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks very much, Feltwell, I'll try them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back