Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good evening

I would like to remove my battery from under the passenger seat of my 2015 X290 Fiat benimar to charge up in the house but how do I take the seat out, I have taken the front two bolts out as per the manual removed front and rear seat trims but the seat doesn't want to tilt back, then removed the 5 seat plate screws leaving the seat box in place but again it doesn't want to move.

What am I doing wrong?

Tezza

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not sure about newer models but the older ones have a bolt WITHIN the rear of the seat runners.....May be the same design.
Need to slide the seat fully forward on the runners and the bolts are an inch or so forward of the runner ends.
From memory they are a domed Torx or Allen head.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
If you disconnect it you loose the date / time etc and radio code if it has one. If you store it at home just plug it into the house electrics or buy a solar panel and put it on the roof and connect to battery.

The seats are reasonably heavy so make sure you have somewhere to put it. They also have sharp bits sticking out that catch on trim. The bottom seat base is held by 2 screws at the front and two locating pegs at the back.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Personally if you can charge it without taking it out I'd suggest you do that as the seats are a b*gger to get out as they are flipping heavy, but putting them back is even worse.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back