Seat dog covers (2 Viewers)

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Dog always jumps on seats so made some covers not great but will do job intended reasonably hard wearing fairly waterproof and easily removable cost £50 in material front seats are in 2 halves ie backrest and seatbase
DSCN1176.JPG
DSCN1177.JPG
DSCN1178.JPG
DSCN1175.JPG

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
(y)(y)

Really must get around to doing this. Seats currently covered in dog blankets......

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Good job, far better than the mis match of duvet covers I used.
Did you quilt the fabric or buy it ready quilted ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
The front seat base material is just hanging but removal of all covers takes 5 mins took 2 days to make but my time cost nothing front seats are isri and couldn't find seat covers that fitted on headrest- only covers i did find were £160 for isri seats not paying that for dog to ruin

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
IMG_2355.JPG
IMG_2354.JPG
IMG_2356.JPG
We did something similar. Although the seats are leather so will wipe clean, the light coloured stitching is less forgiving. I bought some throws from Argos and 'wrapped' each cushion like a parcel and hand stitched the corners closed. As the material was quite stretchy, I fastened some elastic to hold them in place. Each can be removed and washed when necessary. I didn't cover the captains seats, but for some reason, the dogs never go on there thankfully.

Broken Link Removed

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
View attachment 210761 View attachment 210760 View attachment 210762 We did something similar. Although the seats are leather so will wipe clean, the light coloured stitching is less forgiving. I bought some throws from Argos and 'wrapped' each cushion like a parcel and hand stitched the corners closed. As the material was quite stretchy, I fastened some elastic to hold them in place. Each can be removed and washed when necessary. I didn't cover the captains seats, but for some reason, the dogs never go on there thankfully.

Broken Link Removed
Looks good. Nice idea to secure them. our dog blankets are cheapo Dunelm throws (might have been home bargains) so get nicely scrabbled together with anything that is on top

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Like these, no dogs, but hate the upholstery, only problem is all our seats have curves, give me a squarish shape any day. Those front seats look fairly easy to do so that would be a start. OH likes what we have though.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Like these, no dogs, but hate the upholstery, only problem is all our seats have curves, give me a squarish shape any day. Those front seats look fairly easy to do so that would be a start. OH likes what we have though.

Our seats are very curved too, which is why is used a stretchy fabric. You can pull it taught around the curves and then stitch it in place.

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
View attachment 210761 View attachment 210760 View attachment 210762 We did something similar. Although the seats are leather so will wipe clean, the light coloured stitching is less forgiving. I bought some throws from Argos and 'wrapped' each cushion like a parcel and hand stitched the corners closed. As the material was quite stretchy, I fastened some elastic to hold them in place. Each can be removed and washed when necessary. I didn't cover the captains seats, but for some reason, the dogs never go on there thankfully.

Broken Link Removed
Did look at stretchy material but it is not waterproof so all i could find was single colour or different camo colours which is why i went for desert camo to not have too bright colours

Jan1ce

Free Member
Feb 7, 2014
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Low profi
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just got a dog so was considering how to protect the seats. House is currently covered in throws so expect motorhome will be the same haha!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We bought sheepskins to cover the seats.

Our dog has scratched our leather sofa at home with his claws so it was more for that reason. The sheepskins are washable and stay put fairly well as obviously the undersides are suede. It was lovely when we went ski-ing but i’m not so sure how it will be in the summer. I may see if we can get leather hides instead.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I got a load of upholstery material from a local market stall and did ours - whilst they look 'straight' they aren't and none of them are the same size/shape so all had to be designed/shaped individually, with quite a bit of hand stitching as well as machine stitching ... the high back seat has the seat belt vertical bar in the middle so is shaped on the rear and has a taper from bottom to top for good measure so was a s*d to do, I used Velcro and wide elastic to secure them at the rear so they are easy to put on and take off but due to the forgiving colour and pattern doesn't need to be done that often and they was well and don't shrink which is good as I wouldn't want to make them again in a hurry ... although I do like the padded camo material!

I picked up some leopard print seat covers for the front cab seats so didn't bother making covers for those as I quite like the 'wild animal' look and as an extra touch picked up some leopard print rugs too which go on top of them so can easily be taken off and shaken to get all the dog hairs off!

1 before - Copy.JPG
2 after - Copy.JPG

3 before - Copy.JPG
4 after - Copy.JPG
material - Copy.JPG

cover 1 (2).JPG

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Great ideas peeps!

I bought some lovely throws for my bench seats which look great. Unfortunately unless you can sit without moving a muscle they slip constantly. It's bad enough with just me and the dog, but an absolute nightmare if I have a sprawling visitor!

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Soon as i turned my back dog was on seats gave up in end and kept seats covered with towels and covers but if she is wet it is a bigger problem ( collie ) so had to get something waterproof but you are limited also wanted something to break single colour ended up with 2 choices camo or dog paw prints in the end went for less/dull colour so it didn't stand out too much front seats are ISRI and covers are an arm and a leg not sure if they are waterproof though.

Dont think i could do leopard print though makes me think of ladies of the night bosses;)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The cover we use is a leathery sort of stuff from Dunhelm which can be used as a table protector under a tablecloth. It is waterproof and a sort of off white which goes well with the beige leather. Only need it on one seat where Meg travels. Spice doesnt go on seats.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back