seat belts and motorhome (1 Viewer)

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
HI :Confused: Would some one clear up the law regarding seat belts and motorhomes when i
bought my sundance i made sure it had 5 belts fitted there was four allready i had a lap belt fitted.. also. a lunar roadster i looked at recently at brownhills only had 2 and it was a six berth? ..how many do american rvs have in ?:Confused:

RAY ??

OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
HI thanks Graham :Smile:

RAY

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Ray

From an ARV point of view, they vary.

Many C Class vehicles will have regular inertia type 3 point seatbelts fitted to driver and passenger seats as these have the truck style cab. Some A Classes have 3 points but you will more usually find lap belts here due to anchorage restrictions.

Lap belts are also fitted to sofas and forward facing dinette seats also (some even have rear facing dinette belts), those with barrel chairs or easy chairs fitted will also most likely have a lap belt.

I have never yet seen an ARV fitted with 3 point belts to the "habitation" seating and do not believe they exist, at least not in manufacture anyway.

I am sure that if I am spouting rubbish here some kind soul will put me right :winky: :roflmto:

Hope this helps! ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back