Season long `vans on touring sites (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
womblevra

womblevra

Free Member
Dec 10, 2012
Desborough, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I`ve stayed on CC and C&CC CL and CS sites where 3 or 4 of the 5 pitches are given over to obvious "long term" caravans and think its wrong that clubs set up to extol the virtues of tents,tourers and motorhomes allow this.
It shouldn`t even be allowed on their large sites
And sites that advertise as seasonal and touring haven`t got an issue there
It does what it says on the tin.
And I understand the financial benefits of guaranteed cash in the bank but, if you want to take seasonal and tourers keep a proportion of pitches for tourers.
I have had occasions when I have phoned a site to book a pitch to be told that they are fully booked with seasonal bookings!!

Last edited:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I've always thought that the term 'Touring' is just used to denote those sites that provide pitches for a camper's own mobile motorhome/caravan/tent as opposed to 'Static' for those that hire out caravans already firmly located on a pitch.

Some touring sites may offer seasonal bookings (as may some static sites for all I know), some may not. Ring and ask. If you're not prepared to ring a site ahead even on the day, then you could turn up at one after another to find all the pitches booked by those who had troubled to phone ahead.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I should take up wild camping! BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
OMG.

No only do we split ourselves into off-siters and campsiters but now the campsite folk split into tourers and long stayers...

No wonder wars break out.

Why don't we all sit in a big circle, hold hands and hum?

JJ:Cool:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Wouldn't a "touring park" be a park that may not be there next time you visit? Like a touring fair?

Off to another dimension for adventure and fun

Interesting to see the same poster post the same question on another forum and get a different response

Eddie

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
OMG.

No only do we split ourselves into off-siters and campsiters but now the campsite folk split into tourers and long stayers...

No wonder wars break out.

Why don't we all sit in a big circle, hold hands [HI]and hum[/HI]?

JJ:Cool:

Speak for your self.. I try and wash at least once a week which keeps the hum to a minimum :thumb::winky:

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
Don`t mind being accomodated whereever when I arrive on "spec"
I do however object being charged a full pitch fee when I am put on the car park/bit of spare land at the side of the barn etc with a EHU that is lashed up to the barn or garage etc

first come first served, end of. :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
womblevra

womblevra

Free Member
Dec 10, 2012
Desborough, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Interesting to see the same poster post the same question on another forum and get a different response

Eddie

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Thats the idea to have a bit of a debate ,sometimes heated sometimes not
but to try and get a cross section of opinion
so far across both forums opinion seems fairly even

And it does Irk me slightly, but I don`t lose sleep over it
After all there`s always another road and another campsite
But perhaps a full sign at the entrance just to stop you driving in.
Especially the sites where the only way back out is a drive round all the pitches on a one way system, that way you wouldn`t be able to count the ones that have been there all year:roflmto::roflmto:

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
Just thought I'de put in my twopenny worth, we have stayed at Low Park Wood CC Site many times in the early years with the children but don't go any more because a good few of the pitches suitable for a Motorhome without too much of a problem finding a level, are taken up by caravanners who leave their vans there all year :Sad::Sad::Sad:

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Just thought I'de put in my twopenny worth, we have stayed at Low Park Wood CC Site many times in the early years with the children but don't go any more because a good few of the pitches suitable for a Motorhome without too much of a problem finding a level, are taken up by caravanners who leave their vans there all year :Sad::Sad::Sad:
Not wishing to dispute what you have said - i don't know that site , but have I missed something over the years - i thought that CC. would store a limited number of units on some of their sites I was not aware that vans could be left unused on pitches! If that is now the case I don't think that is progress

Alan

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
An interesting thread; we have always enjoyed the contact that we have with those touring, but we sometimes have longer-staying guests who are buying property in the area, or who just come, find they love the area, and stay on as long as they want.
We have never been full, and so have decided this year, for the first time, to offer a couple of our pitches on a seasonal basis, though this will still leave plenty of room for tourers.
It will be interesting for us to see what response we get, but if we do get guests for the seasonal pitches then this will be good news for us. As has been said in other posts, having a pitch occupied long-term is good news, as the occasional overnight guest cannot make up the difference.
As we have never been full yet, we promise there will always be a warm welcome for our Funster guests!
Bob
www.parcverger.com

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Well, whether we like if or not we can only sell a pitch once.

If some one tells us I used to pop in for a couple of nights from time to time, but now I wont come as that pitch is let 365 days a year, our wardens smile, and make the correct noises and gestures :winky: but in their minds think

Why wouldn't we :roflmto:

Eddie

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Not wishing to dispute what you have said - i don't know that site , but have I missed something over the years - i thought that CC. would store a limited number of units on some of their sites I was not aware that vans could be left unused on pitches! If that is now the case I don't think that is progress

Alan

Answering my own post........ (Losing my marbles already!!!!)

I was going to respond to Eddie stating I have no problem with a commercial site havinga seasonal van policy BUT not the Caravan or Camping and Caravanning Club . I have just spent the last 1-2 hours reading through the Caravan Club member threads on this very matter and lo and behold the Clubs now do offer seasonal pitches (much to my amazement) so aplogies to the poster regarding seasonal pitches on a Lake District CC. site.

I rarely use CC "main" sites can someone tell me when this idea of seasonal pitches was introduced?

Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back