LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Stugeron. No other make touches them. I used to use them in my sailing days. The thing is you need to take them in good time. So that they are already in your system when the weather starts. Its no good waiting until you feed sick.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
John ... Buchastem tablets double quick. You placd them between gums and cheek. Everything else will 'come up' with your food so waste of time.

Happy journey. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Another vote for Stugeron (which is Cinnarizine) served us well in Force 12 around Cape Horn. (y)
Agree about taking them early at least 2 hrs.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We're currently on an Aire opposite Mont St Michel saying a prayer for tomorrows sailing to Plymouth.
It's the only ferry out of St Malo for yonks and I don't fancy a drive to any of the other ports on the the North France coast.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Another "Sturgeron " User. It REALLY does work.As i posted before on another thread,i was recommended it by a Sea Kyaka,thought "Oh yes", then while talking to a mate,his Dr. had given him "Sturgeron" for dizzy spells.
So armed with this information,bought and took the pills as instructed,walked the then Growler up and down the area while the deck was coming up and hiiting your nose,took her back to the cabin,went back to the restaurant on the top deck and ate a big bowl full of stew,with no bad effects...sorted.
Get 'em bought!
Tea Bag

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Well, thanks for the recommendations for sea sickness tablets. :) Sadly though, we are not on a ferry until April but I suspect those who are sailing in the next 24 hours might want to take note. :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
but I suspect those who are sailing in the next 24 hours might want to take note. :)

I've mentioned my Big One before, ferry to Stavanger, rough. Half way through the night, when I could not hold on to the toilet any more and I was a total wreck I struggled down to reception and asked if they had anything to put an end to me, NOW.

Pleasant Scandinavian girl does in the back and comes back with a packet, "it is too late for a pill, you must not put this in your mouth, do you understand ?". I nodded. I went away ad did not put it in my mouth, in fact I would never have swallowed it. Half an hour later I was a new man, ready to party even in the middle of the night.

On the return I took a pill nice and early and survived.

No wonder they cancelled that ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Used sturgeon for years when I was a scuba diver, best to take the first one 8 hours before boating to get it in your system was the advice.

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I've mentioned my Big One before, ferry to Stavanger, rough. Half way through the night, when I could not hold on to the toilet any more and I was a total wreck I struggled down to reception and asked if they had anything to put an end to me, NOW.

Pleasant Scandinavian girl does in the back and comes back with a packet, "it is too late for a pill, you must not put this in your mouth, do you understand ?". I nodded. I went away ad did not put it in my mouth, in fact I would never have swallowed it. Half an hour later I was a new man, ready to party even in the middle of the night.

On the return I took a pill nice and early and survived.

No wonder they cancelled that ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger.

Brian ..bit confused .. was it one of those bracelets?

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Fresh ginger before you board the boat and then ginger biscuits enroute.

Do not hide away below decks this will only make you feel worse.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Interesting how this thread has gone off at a tangent. :) It was meant to be a comment on the high winds expected soon and the title was just a lighthearted dig at any poor souls who might be afloat on say the Bay of Biscay tonight. "Seasick Tablets Recommended" seems to have been read as "Seasick Tablet Recommendations" :)
But thanks for all those who have recommended Stugaron, I shall buy some for our April crossing. :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Look on the bright side, if taken as intended you might have netted a single :) but instead you are the father of a healthy 20 pounder.

But he STILL hasn't listened to the woman .. Stugaron vomit back up .. Buchastem don't ... and I STILL don't know what the stewardess gave YOU. o_O

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Interesting how this thread has gone off at a tangent. :) It was meant to be a comment on the high winds expected soon and the title was just a lighthearted dig at any poor souls who might be afloat on say the Bay of Biscay tonight. "Seasick Tablets Recommended" seems to have been read as "Seasick Tablet Recommendations" :)
But thanks for all those who have recommended Stugaron, I shall buy some for our April crossing. :)

Hi. John.
DON'T send an SOS from the sinking ferry on the 1st of April,some Funsters will read and re read it to get the correct message.meanwhile you will be going down to Davey Joneses locker.
JOKE:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
At least one Tablet has got a huge boost in sales,so will still be in the chemists when i go in for them and something for the we..........:whistle:
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Tea Bag

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Used sturgeon for years when I was a scuba diver, best to take the first one 8 hours before boating to get it in your system was the advice.
I tell you, even the SNP propaganda spell checker turned stugeron into sturgeon! !!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
None of which are any good if the crossing is extremely rough & your wife has also given you all food poisoning.:cry::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My first trip to sea was from London first stop Cape Town. I started being sick as we left the Thames estuary and it finally stopped a week later somewhere around the equator. Never felt so bad in my life. Since then I have been in some horrendous seas on both large and small boats, never ever felt sick again.
Just let it happen, you know it makes sense.....;)(y)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
My first trip to sea was from London first stop Cape Town. I started being sick as we left the Thames estuary and it finally stopped a week later somewhere around the equator. Never felt so bad in my life. Since then I have been in some horrendous seas on both large and small boats, never ever felt sick again.
Just let it happen, you know it makes sense.....;)(y)

Hi Buttons, you obviously have experience sailing on the high seas and I can relate to what you say, in my experience some people are just sea (motion) sick and some are not, the brain plays a big part in the illness.
Having sailed all round the planet on various racing sailing yachts I have seen veteran sailors being sick in the calmness of seas but a swell will always bring out the worst in people.
I am just the worst person to sail with being the one who never suffers and can be found down below cooking bacon and sausage rolls for everyone whatever the sea state, though years of sailing has taught me Ginger is a perfect natural remedy.

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Buttons, you obviously have experience sailing on the high seas and I can relate to what you say, in my experience some people are just sea (motion) sick and some are not, the brain plays a big part in the illness.
Having sailed all round the planet on various racing sailing yachts I have seen veteran sailors being sick in the calmness of seas but a swell will always bring out the worst in people.
I am just the worst person to sail with being the one who never suffers and can be found down below cooking bacon and sausage rolls for everyone whatever the sea state, though years of sailing has taught me Ginger is a perfect natural remedy.
Years of sailing taught me that the best remedy was to lie down - if that was under an apple tree, so much the better. :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back