Searching for Summer - and Port Wine (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Lovely photos Robert and Mrs C! What a blue sky!
Aire looks lovely and so does the meal I guess €32 is that way out?!
Enjoy your snifters! I presume that's a liqueur and not something else!!:LOL:
My Snifter is a little glass of dark rum
And your guess is much improved on previous attempts - well done !

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
For the 'foodies' we found a little piece of paradise at lunchtime today.

We ordered the local speciality of suckling lamb - roasted in a wood fired oven. Served with rosemary potatoes and salad.

View attachment 112673

It was served with a carafe of local red wine which complemented the meat wonderfully.

For desert I could not resist the home made cheesecake, which was served with a fresh berry compote.

View attachment 112674

We headed back to the van for espresso's and snifters, which we enjoyed sat in the shade of our awning, enjoying the scenery.

Tomorrow we head across the border into Portugal

Can you guess the lunchtime bill?

woooh what a place, nice food too

checked black table cloth, 40 Euros all in inc any tip

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
it makes all the differance...we men know what to look out for
Phil ,Did you have tablecloth and napkins for Andreas lovely meal you cooked!( and is she still washing up all those pots!!:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
And the winner is ..........

Helen

image.jpeg

€45 including tip

And it was worth every penny!

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
I don't know why I read these threads.:(
Just sat here at work eating a bag of crisps for my tea.:eek: And I'm certainly not going to make it even worse by guessing some stupidly low price and thereby rubbing salt in the wound.(n)
Consolation is, just 12 more days to retirement and the tunnel over, or under, to France and R&R begins.:) That's if they let us in.:rolleyes:
Loved the castle.(y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Evening Mr and Mrs C and all forum followers, my sincere apologies, been internet free all weekend at Misterton, but I must say I read your first post in this thread and didn't pick up on the imminent departure

I am now 'following' the thread and hope to compete in tomorrows guess the bill

Skies look lovely, not so sure about your home made beer, tad cloudy, you really should leave it at home to settle, plenty of beer on tap locally and rum to fall back on

You must need those special seats to cope with the mileage you put in, did I read right? home to Bordeaux in one hop o_O not for me, but needs must with only 21 days I guess

Now looking forward to the remaining 18 days travel, enjoy yourselves, we will enjoy with envy from afar (y)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Northern Portugal,look out for the "Steak Houses",they are supposed to be so good,its worth the couple of hour journey to visit one,so, if your near one/find one,let us know. OK for later in the year,send us a PM if you this way,instead of going down the coast.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Evening Mr and Mrs C and all forum followers, my sincere apologies, been internet free all weekend at Misterton, but I must say I read your first post in this thread and didn't pick up on the imminent departure

I am now 'following' the thread and hope to compete in tomorrows guess the bill

Skies look lovely, not so sure about your home made beer, tad cloudy, you really should leave it at home to settle, plenty of beer on tap locally and rum to fall back on

You must need those special seats to cope with the mileage you put in, did I read right? home to Bordeaux in one hop o_O not for me, but needs must with only 21 days I guess

Now looking forward to the remaining 18 days travel, enjoy yourselves, we will enjoy with envy from afar (y)
We try to limit ourselves to no more than 250 miles a day when travelling to a destination - would rather do 100 miles, but we'd never get anywhere. As you say we're limited to 21 days. But when we're fully retired - no more rushing.
Can Bev have a go at 'Guess the Bill' too please David? She's bound to throw the others off the scent.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Housekeeping duties were our first priority this morning - a bit of laundry in our portable washing machine and a quick vac round.

image.jpeg

Then we continued our journey and crossed the border into Portugal.
The scenery along the route has been stunning, in particular as we entered the Geres National Park . Apparently it's the only National Park in Portugal - there may only be one, but it's a good one!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We're parked in Geres at Campercontact 12254 which is right next to a charming little restaurant. We couldn't resist popping in for a spot of lunch - and got a bit more than we bargained for.
The waiter didn't speak much English, I don't speak Portuguese, so we both spoke Spanish, and the culinary adventure began.

I chose the Veal Cutlet (the house speciality)

image.jpeg

While Mrs C chose the mixed grill, which included two steaks, sausage, ribs, pork loin and much more.

image.jpeg

There was enough food to feed a small army and one main course would have easily done us both.

We enjoyed a bottle of house wine, a small bottle of water and a couple of espresso coffees.

Can you guess the bill?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Have to laugh at your mega lovely MH parked up with a mini washing machine!(Romanys come to mind!!:LOL:)
Photos of scenes and food great as ever!! 42.50€ !!! ( noted the tablecloth and not gingham!!)
Continue to enjoy and thankyou both!!

Want to revise that no pudding !! !!

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Strange to serve rice and chips.;)
I'll go for €32.
Though why I'm bothering I don't know as I'm useless at the guessing game. I'm much better at the tasting game.:)

Deleted User
Strange to serve rice and chips.;)
I'll go for €32.
Though why I'm bothering I don't know as I'm useless at the guessing game. I'm much better at the tasting game.:)

Quite common if not the norm in Portugal.

High end meal with steak on the mixed grill, guess 35 euro.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
€30 or possibly even a bit less. Which on the current exchange rate is £45, so a tad expensive. Baked beans from now on. :)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
and Bev also added she didn't fancy either of them, my higher price is based on the table cloths and what I can make out of the back ground (y)

love the scenery BTW for some reason I had Portugal down as less scenic, more rugged and then coastline :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back