Searching for stamped VIN No. on N&B Arto 2002 chassis (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
For registration purposes we need to find the stamped VIN number, not the weight plates which are obvious, on a N&B Arto Fiat 2002 chassis..

Obviously being an 'A' Class it is not in the normal cab footwell etc. We are told that one place for Fiat to stamp is on the engine frame but we cannot find it.

Can anyone help please?

Geoff

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Not at the van, this from memory........
2013 A class, fiat, lhd, gas locker beside passenger seat, gas locker internal wall has "window" ,looking through can see chassis with vin stamped.
Would be front of step area on standard van.

Ours is obscured by gas cylinders that havent been out for a long long time so hope I remembered correctly.

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Not at the van, this from memory........
2013 A class, fiat, lhd, gas locker beside passenger seat, gas locker internal wall has "window" ,looking through can see chassis with vin stamped.
Would be front of step area on standard van.

Ours is obscured by gas cylinders that havent been out for a long long time so hope I remembered correctly.

Thanks very much.

Before i read your reply N&B Techies answered and the information cross-checks with you description.

We have accessed that 'window' which leads to the wheel arch, but can find no stamped number on that, or is it on the frame above? Exact location, even from your memory would be useful.

Of course it is possible that Fiat did not realise it was a RHD chassis and stamped it on the other wheel arch or frame.

I will have anothe search.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Thanks very much.

Before i read your reply N&B Techies answered and the information cross-checks with you description.

We have accessed that 'window' which leads to the wheel arch, but can find no stamped number on that, or is it on the frame above? Exact location, even from your memory would be useful.

Of course it is possible that Fiat did not realise it was a RHD chassis and stamped it on the other wheel arch or frame.

I will have anothe search.

Geoff
Well I'm impressed with myself!
Sorry cant recall at what angle the vin was visible through window.

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
We have an A class Fiat and the plate is fastened to the front crossmember in front of the radiator.

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We have an A class Fiat and the plate is fastened to the front crossmember in front of the radiator.

So is ours, but that is the weight plate but not acceptable for re-registration: they want to see the VIN number stamped into the metal of the chassis.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
All our vans have been stamped in the UK drivers side footwell, current A class has a pull off bit of plastic to view it. Maybe different on a LHD so may be worth checking the UK near side footwell?

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Is it not visible at the windscreen bottom edge on the uk passenger side? My ducato 2009 certainly

Not sure TBH as its an A class but I was answering the OP trying to help.

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Is it not visible at the windscreen bottom edge on the uk passenger side? My ducato 2009 certainly is
The windscreen and all the front of the vehicle is provided by N&B not FIAT, so any number there, which there is not, would not satisfy the Polish registration authorities - they want the stamped original from the factory.

Geoff

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Is it not visible at the windscreen bottom edge on the uk passenger side? My ducato 2009 certainly is
that is just plastic
Would be surprised as it seems most manufacturers of the base vehicles seem use this position as it is difficult to tamper with without replacing the windscreen
Easily changed without windscreen removal after airbags have been set off when they just replace the dash . & usually after they have changed the dash they fail to replace the plastic number from the old one.
The only thing that counts for registration purposes is the one stamped in to the chassis rail somewhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back