LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No,no,no, the people who sign up for Britstops , France passion , or cc, ccc, then let all and sundry park there without being in the schemes.
No idea about France Passion but all the others would be guilty of, in that respect, is breach of contract with the organisation concerned rather than anything to do with copyright.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I think we all probably agree with Mr Clark but I'm sure even he has watched pirated films or recorded music CDs so its hard for any of us to take the morale high ground.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think we all probably agree with Mr Clark but I'm sure even he has watched pirated films or recorded music CDs so its hard for any of us to take the morale high ground.
More pertinent will probably be the fact that hardly any motorhomers will make any effort to find out if the landlord has already reached his 28 night limit before staying overnight at a pub :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
You may well not have but even some of the avatars that are being used probably belong to someone and have been used without seeking permision. Apology for any implication against your good character. But I'm sure a lot of us recorded music from the radio when teenagers.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
But I'm sure a lot of us recorded music from the radio when teenagers.
Which is quite different from building a business / website based on scraped or stolen information.
I'm no legal expert but watching a dodgy video, or recording music off the radio is not the same as making public the database of a legitimate business such as France Passion
I'm not going to comment on this post further.

OP
OP
StitchesnFluff
Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Which is quite different from building a business / website based on scraped or stolen information.
I'm no legal expert but watching a dodgy video, or recording music off the radio is not the same as making public the database of a legitimate business such as France Passion
I'm not going to comment on this post further.
Well don't challenge the integrity of people you don't know either

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Point being how often in life do we use read buy etc items without considering the authenticity or to whom we may be deriving a revenue .I personally had not considered that when using the site Stitchesnfluff were alluding to.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
.I personally had not considered that when using the site Stitchesnfluff were alluding to.

most people don't, including myself..

my attention was drawn to it by the site's 'about ' page.. and his response to Motorhome Facts..

why he drew attention to his argument with Facts admin. and subsequent ban , is beyond me.. it only drew attention to the fact that he had used others data bases without consent.. his defence was laughable..

talk about shooting yourself in the foot :rolleyes:

OP
OP
StitchesnFluff
Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013

my attention was drawn to it by the site's 'about ' page.. and his response to Motorhome Facts..

why he drew attention to his argument with Facts admin. and subsequent ban , is beyond me.. it only drew attention to the fact that he had used others data bases without consent.. his defence was laughable..

Interesting.
Not sure how it stands now. Thought I'd found someone to route accessible Aires through so ours is only a genuine interest.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Interesting.
Not sure how it stands now. Thought I'd found someone to route accessible Aires through so ours is only a genuine interest.

you said you were a member of Campercontact.. ?

I use it to upload sites and write reviews.. it's the only site I use now and well worth the £4.50 a year for the phone app ..

The on-line site and POIs both free, download the POIs and use in a sat nav..

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

I hadn't read that previously. Interesting that he says he had written to France Passion, had no response but (if I understand the posts above correctly) still published the data. The opposite of the correct action really :)

OP
OP
StitchesnFluff
Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
you said you were a member of Campercontact.. ?

I use it to upload sites and write reviews.. it's the only site I use now and well worth the £4.50 a year for the phone app ..

The on-line site and POIs both free, download the POIs and use in a sat nav..
Yes I can input on there, used the other as all points included.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back