Sealant touch up/repair (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Morning all ::bigsmile:

been doing a 'deep clean' of the van, getting into all the nooks and crannies ready for a proper waxing session and found that along a number of the seals there are gaps - not big ones mind, and they weren't there before winter!!

Ive got to redo a seal on the roof anyway, as it looks like there was a 'make do and mend' done before we bought the van, so im going to tackle these other ones as well

My question is, is it best to clear out all the old sealant (as much as can be done without taking the van apart that is!!) and re do or just trim it and put a new bead of silkaflex over it?

Or is there another way...seem to remember reading about some kind of magic stuff that can make old sealant pliable again and basically allow it to be rebeded

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi,If you can remove the old stuff and reseal :thumb: Be very careful as it is very easy to go through it :Eeek:
Is the magic stuff you are asking about Silicon eater? or are you thinking of Captain tollys small crack repair stuff.
terry
Link Removed
Link Removed

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
thanks terry

Captain tolleys might just be the stuff im after - ill give it a go

I'm wary of doing too much on the seals as it looks like it is only the edges that are peeling back or have become unstuck on one side only (corner strips and the like) and dont want to disturb anything more than i have to

Although one on the roof needs coming off completely i think - its flapping around in the wind now

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back