SeaFrance another snippet you may be interested in (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Another snippet you may be interested in
Seafrance has restarted again, under another name "MY FERRY"

The more Ferries the better the prices should get better ...competition

Former SeaFrance ferries put to sea
August 20, 2012
TWO ferries formerly owned by the defunct ferry company SeaFrance have taken to the sea again under the name of a new company, My Ferry Link.

The Berlioz and Rodin, two of the three ferries of the SeaFrance fleet, this morning restarted a Dover to Calais service.

Each will be running four return journeys a day. However a My Ferry Link spokesman said today’s crossings were mostly for freight, with passenger ones however set to start imminently.

“We are starting operations to get the ships into service, and took a few casual arrivals as passengers, but we are waiting for the final clearance from the banks for our payments system so as to be able to take bookings through a website which should be up-and-running later today at My Ferry Link.”
Operator My Ferry link has been set up by a cooperative of former SeaFrance workers and it is leasing the ships under the French flag from Eurotunnel, which now owns them.

The first crossing, by the Berlioz, left Calais for Dover this morning at 5.30, restarting a service that SeaFrance stopped in November last year. The Rodin was also expected to make its first crossing under the new My Ferry Link colours.

A third ferry, the Nord-Pas-de-Calais, mainly carrying freight, will start service in the autumn.

My Ferry Link is employing 400 people, almost all former employees of SeaFrance.

"MY FERRY" link http://www.myferrylink.com/

Mel

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I always got the best price from Sea France so hope that My Ferry will be as competitive :thumb:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
On our way home Thursday from shopping

There is a ship in tilbury dock with seafrance.com on it

I assume one being readied for service
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
If you want to take a ferry,

I have always found SeaFrance not to be very competitive..

On board service was rubbish, dirty tables, carpets etc, and that was on the nearly new vessels, and their food was rubbish too.......

DFSD all the way now.... Best prices best ships.... Best service .... :thumb:

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
I never found Sea France to be competitive, either. Used to be Norfolk Lines/DFDS was the preferred crossing for me but, oddly, the for last three or four crossings P&O have been best both on price and sailing times.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Done DFDS last week and returned this morning, very good service and decent food. We'll use again if the price stays the best.
I'll have some more Aire galleries to add to my link below over the next few days

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We used Sea France, cheap, no food, don`t care much as long as we get there, just checked for September £87.00 return I dint think that were too bad:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
We used Sea France, cheap, no food, don`t care much as long as we get there, just checked for September £87.00 return I dint think that were too bad:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I paid £89 in August DFDS :thumb: £39 out £46 back £4 admin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back