SeaFlo Pop up awning / gazebo (1 Viewer)

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Could have sworn I posted this review already but can't see it.......

I took the plunge and bought one of their new 6 sided pop up gazebos from SeaFlo in Shepton show. £160 special at the show...... Turned out to be £145 on their website! A brief chat next day resulted in a refund of £15.
So far so good, quick and easy and supplied with 3 velcro screens to go over the mesh. They tell me spare extra screens will be stocked soon if you want almost all.round cover (can't fit to door ).
Not as waterproof as a proper awning but allowed us to sit in a heavy shower in comfort (also kept the cats happy as they could walk around a large area undercover on their little leads).

IMG_20190908_131306645.jpg

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Almost identical to the Quest version, Take ours everywhere purfik for drying of the Dog before he is let in the MoHo

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We have a four sided one ourselves its very good. We have had it out in wind that would damage a wind out awning, and have a couple left in stock for the Lincoln show £109.99

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Looks to be better quality than the one that the shopping channels sell which are far inferior to the original Quest ones.

OP
OP
Jev88
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
UPDATE..... DON'T BUY ONE, THEY ARE USELESS.
BREEZE TODAY AND THREE OF THE STRAPS AT THE POLE BASES HAVE SNAPPED OFF AND ONLY THE GENEROUS ATTENTIONS OF NEW NEIGHBOURS THAT DISMANTLED IT FOR US SAVED DAMAGE TO FELLOW FUNSTERS......

Sorry for shouting, but I hate poor design!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Unless you see them 'in the flesh' and can compare them easily (eg such as all on display at a show), it's not always that easy to tell the difference in quality between them, things like the stitching, thickness of fabric, poles, connections etc are all important things to look at.

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
My neighbour on my pitch in SofF has two one these type of things, she has had them up for 6 weeks each year for 4yrs and still going strong, OK not great winds but we do get the odd very windy day, hers are green so maybe a different make but look identical, she has the net things at the side but its so sunny and hot always has all full sides up.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 19.00.07.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 19.00.07.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Jev88
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
If I persevere with the pop up solution I think I will only buy Quest now.
However, IdealWorld shopping listing 6 side Quest with 2 extra cover screens for £119? But latest six sider at show was £290?
I am guessing the £119 is an older clearance model that doesn't have the zip in screens/covers? Guessing? Link below.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If I persevere with the pop up solution I think I will only buy Quest now.
However, IdealWorld shopping listing 6 side Quest with 2 extra cover screens for £119? But latest six sider at show was £290?
I am guessing the £119 is an older clearance model that doesn't have the zip in screens/covers? Guessing? Link below.
Hubby mentioned the Ideal World offer to me and its a really good price if you want a larger one but you only get 2 sides with it, however you can buy extra ones, or just make your own as you'd have the existing ones to use as a template. IMV it's not as good as the Quest one, but if you don't need it to be then it should be fine for most people and at the price, even if it only lasts you a few years, you'll be quids in. The only proviso is that with the 6 sided ones they aren't as 'rigid' roof-wise so if you intend to leave it out where you're likely to get a LOT of rain I suggest you put a support post in the centre so it can't sag and end up like a raised paddling pool. :D

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
P
UPDATE..... DON'T BUY ONE, THEY ARE USELESS.
BREEZE TODAY AND THREE OF THE STRAPS AT THE POLE BASES HAVE SNAPPED OFF AND ONLY THE GENEROUS ATTENTIONS OF NEW NEIGHBOURS THAT DISMANTLED IT FOR US SAVED DAMAGE TO FELLOW FUNSTERS......

Sorry for shouting, but I hate poor design!
The straps at the pole bases are not the ones there to take the strain. The guy lines are the strong ones. If the guy lines are put in correctly I cant see how this has happened. We have had one out whenn normal gazebos awningss have been destroyed by wind with no problems.

OP
OP
Jev88
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
P

The straps at the pole bases are not the ones there to take the strain. The guy lines are the strong ones. If the guy lines are put in correctly I cant see how this has happened. We have had one out whenn normal gazebos awningss have been destroyed by wind with no problems.
Guy ropes were in place.
Proper larger pegs.
The design issue is twofold,
Sleeves for end of structural poles are weak and some burst through.
This allows the base to move and lift, putting stress on the base loops which are attached with severely poor stitches.

I disagree with you that the base straps should not take some strain too. Pointless being there according to you? So why are they there? If poorly made?

IMG_20190920_172818604_HDR_1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jev88
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hubby mentioned the Ideal World offer to me and its a really good price if you want a larger one but you only get 2 sides with it, however you can buy extra ones, or just make your own as you'd have the existing ones to use as a template. IMV it's not as good as the Quest one, but if you don't need it to be then it should be fine for most people and at the price, even if it only lasts you a few years, you'll be quids in. The only proviso is that with the 6 sided ones they aren't as 'rigid' roof-wise so if you intend to leave it out where you're likely to get a LOT of rain I suggest you put a support post in the centre so it can't sag and end up like a raised paddling pool. :D

Ideal World pictures show Quest logo.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ideal World pictures show Quest logo.
There's something 'fishy' about that as none of the other images don't have it on and there is NO mention of it being a Quest one, the last photos has been taken in a different location too so I suspect they're just using a Quest image to show it with furniture etc in.

I'd want confirmation of exactly what make it was before I purchased it as the ones they were selling previously were definitely NOT Quest ones, but looked very similar and were of a lesser quality.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back