SDMO INEO 1000 Portable Generator - 900w (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Learning that the Honda suitcase genny is the best but also the costliest, what is the most used reasonable priced one please?

I have been reading some of the threads but am more confused now, has anyone any thoughts on the >>
SDMO INEO 1000 Portable Generator - 900w Link Removed

Or do the m/h shows offer better prices than online for the Honda..we are at Newbury shortly

We do have a unused Aldi small genny which was fine for the camper van if we should have needed it, but now that we have upgraded to a m/h feel that this would be risky to use after reading the threads and possibly noisy lol

thanx Kath

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
:Smile:always a lot of rivalry on here about gererators, I use a Kipor 2600 for emergency and powers everything I need, it's heavy, 26kg so for an old man like me it is a pain getting it out of the locker, only had it a few months, quite happy with it, I don't know iof it's noisy or not because I have not compared it with other makes, think I paid about £400 off ebay brand new but from someone who has a business and was a motorhomer, he supplies all sorts, can't think of hs name but it is something bargains, worth a look.
kennygd:thumb:

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
Sdmo

I use and SDMO gennie and it has the Honda engine it. I'm pleased with it but if money is no object go for the Honda.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Run for cover,

Kath has opened up the Kippor versus the Honda debate:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Phil (Leggin' it away as quickly as possible:roflmto:)

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Yes, but has anyone any experince of the Aldi unit, please?

Ok, it may be no competition for Honda/Kipor on the performance stakes, but when you generally choose sites with hook-ups, cheapness is an advantage. Is it powerful enough to be useful?

A caravanner who took silver at Aldi one Sunday morning a few weeks back - we were on pole position - said when we were chatting about their satellite dish that he found it useful with his van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
Aldi gennie

I haven't seen the Aldi gennie but you need to make sure that anything that you connect to a motorhome has a sinewave output. Most motorhomes have sensitive electronics i them these days and a poor quality gennie can cause a great deal of damage - trust me I've seen it first hand.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back