LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
The screen washers aren't working on our 680 Starline. The washer bottle is full and there aren't any leaks. When we push the stalk on the steering column, we can hear the pump working, but no water is coming out. We can't see anything obvious under the bonnet such as a loose pipe, so we're thinking it could be a blockage somewhere. The base vehicles is a Sprinter 416. Any ideas on where to start looking as neither of us are blessed in the DIY department :think:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Lift the bonnet and run them whilst someone looks under to see if there is water spewing, also you will smell the antifreeze. I found that a technician had left both pipes disconnected from the spray heads!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Try poking a little pin in the eyes where the water normally sprays out. Sometimes they can get clogged.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kim H

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Lift the bonnet and run them whilst someone looks under to see if there is water spewing, also you will smell the antifreeze. I found that a technician had left both pipes disconnected from the spray heads!

We've tried that and couldn't see any water or leaks anywhere, which made us wonder if it's a blockage somewhere. We're wondering if it could be somewhere in the common pipework from the pump or even the pump itself as none of the jets have any water coming through them, even the ones on the headlights.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If all other checks come to nothing it could be the pump IMPELLOR.
I've had one where the rubber blades had come away from the centre boss on the motor shaft.
Could even be the shaft is spinning in the impeller boss
I did have one where the antifreeze, or more likely washing up liquid from the previous owner, had settled and turned to a gel.

Last edited:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Start at the pump exit, disconnect there and see what flows or not and progress forwards if there is flow or back the the pump input to see if that is fouled.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back