Screen clearing issue (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
Does anyone else have an issue with the screen demisting? Even with all other vents closed and the blower on maximum the amount of air coming through to windscreen vent is pitiful :(

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, you may have a hose off the heater matrix ,or your fan or control switch could be on its way out what base vehicle is it ?

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Had 3 A-class vans, all the same...de-misters useless, even when turned up to warp speed!

Allen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
AndyJJDavies
Sep 29, 2009
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
Pollen filter ?, if not changed at service they can be blocked.

I don't think it's been changed, worth having it looked at

thanks all for the replies

Hi, you may have a hose off the heater matrix ,or your fan or control switch could be on its way out what base vehicle is it ?

again, will get this checked next time it's in.

Is the aircon on? It needs to be for effective demisting.

Malcolm
Yes, always on, blowing at full blast

Blame the converter. It will be a long way down their priority list because in their mind everybody tours in warm climates.

My gut feeling is this is the real reason but nothing to compare it to, I was hoping other Le Voyageur owners would comment on their experience.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I don't think it's been changed, worth having it looked at

thanks all for the replies

again, will get this checked next time it's in.

Yes, always on, blowing at full blast

My gut feeling is this is the real reason but nothing to compare it to, I was hoping other Le Voyageur owners would comment on their experience.
I have a 958 Platinum. You probably won't like the answer - I removed the cover between dashboard and screen then straightened squashed tubes and blocked off unused ones. It all works now.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
That doesn't surprise me. Was that on a Mercedes?
Yes it is. I actually set out to find an intense flapping noise coming from that cover. It had been installed with two woodscrews (into plastic!) and loads of black adhesive (not PU I was relieved to find). The noise was caused by the adhesive not sticking to the moulded plastic panel so it was loose below the windscreen (and almost everywhere else). I straightened everything below it then attached brackets to screw it down to make future removal less difficult.

Last edited:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We always carry two 12volt fans, clip on ones, as used in trucks. Mainly for circulation of air in habitation area when hot, but one trip down through France our demister stopped working, we faced the fans towards the screen, worked a treat. We also use these fans in the bedroom at night to keep cool. Just unclip from front of van and take to bedroom and clip where convenient.

OP
OP
AndyJJDavies
Sep 29, 2009
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
We always carry two 12volt fans, clip on ones, as used in trucks. Mainly for circulation of air in habitation area when hot, but one trip down through France our demister stopped working, we faced the fans towards the screen, worked a treat. We also use these fans in the bedroom at night to keep cool. Just unclip from front of van and take to bedroom and clip where convenient.

We've got these and the Karcher vac so we can get over the issue but I really don't think this shouldn't be necessary on a van of this quality

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back