Scratches on windows (1 Viewer)

caroh

Free Member
Jul 15, 2009
Funster No
I have seen somewhere some suggestions as to how to remove scratches from motorhome windows, but I can't seem to find any info. Please can someone advise me the best way to go about it, and which product to use. I would be most grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Hi,

Bad scratches can be removed with tooth paste, or Solvol Autosol chrome polish, followed by T-Cut, then Brasso for a final polish.

I also use a preparation called 'Polywatch', which is intended for removing scratches from acrylic watch crystals.

There are proprietory polishes available, but all work on the principle of removing the scratch with mild abrasives.

You pay your money, and make your choice:Smile:

Good luck.

Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
I just us a small bit of Brasso

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Mike-H

Deleted User
I used Fenwicks scratch remover. It was ok but I imagine there are plenty alternatives that are cheaper for the same result. I used my DA polisher/sander to speed up the process.

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
:Smile:After our trip to Devon and Cornwall we were very worried about the bad window scratches we picked up down the narrow lanes. A wet cloth and tcut bumped 'em off then a good polish with Mr Muscle...good as new.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I have in the past used various polishes, with success, but now don't bother as I like country lanes and find that I would be always polishing, as it seems the more I get them off more appear.:cry:Funny it seems that I don't get half as many, since stopping polishing.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back