Scratched windows (1 Viewer)

myfordturner

Free Member
Dec 22, 2007
Funster No
Hi. The wife and I have just returned from a wonderful break down Lincolnshire way and due to the narrow roads and roadside bushes /trees, the nearside plastic windows have scratches on them. Bodywork is OK as it is GRP. I have heard of an electric polishing kit that is available but cant seem to find one in my catalogues or magazine.
Can anyone help out

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
You could try Link Removedand a buffing "bonnet" attachment on a drill at slow speed.

Go gentle though and try a small test piece first.:thumb:

You can get it cheaper if you shop about.Search for Renovo on ebay etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Link Removed is regularly sold on EBAY, though I do not know if it is as good as it claims to be

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
Depends on how deep the scratches are, but I have used on all of my caravans and now on the motorhome Brasso. It will get out fairly deep scratches. I then follow it up with a polish of Sparkle. This tip was given to me by the owner of Castleton Caravans now of course no longer in production.:thumb:

Upvote 0

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
A friend of mine had all his caravan windows covered with the window tint stuff they put on cars but on the outside of the windows (usually fitted to the inside of the glass!!). The windows still get scratched of course but when he gets sick of it he just pulls it off and replaces it...a lot cheaper then new windows!!! And he likes the tinting as he says it keeps the van a bit cooler in the summer and with a bit more privacy on sites.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
I have for years been using Greygates plastic polish on convertibles rear plastic windows and more recently on my motorhome.
It has a NATO spec and they say its used on aircraft anyway It works for me,you can buy direct but sometimes it comes up on ebay.

Upvote 0
W

Wilbury

Deleted User
Hi,
Brasso is acidic but may be perfectly OK on plastic.
I have used T cut over the years when I have not had Perspex polish, it works very well and is much cheaper than some of the other suggested products. It has the advantage that it can be used on the paintwork too. It is also readily available.
Wilbury

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back