Free Member
Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail Scout
Exp
Since 2011
We have a 2017 Scout with a double dinette configuration. We have come to the conclusion that a lounge dinette may have been a better layout for us. Auto-trail say that they or an NCC workshop can do the conversion although I don't yet have any quotes which may end up being the blocker.

Is there anyone out there with a Scout with the lounge dinette layout who can take a photo so that we can see what it looks like? The only one that I can find online is taken from the passenger seat looking back. I would like to see what what it looks like from the habitation door looking forward. Can the drivers seat swivel and be used or is there still a partial bulkhead?

Cheers
Doug

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I would say NO. You cant swing the drivers seat.. From all the Autotrails I have seen you still have a partial bulkhead thats needed to make the side seat box and retain the cushions. If your having something bespoke made then maybe there could be another way to make it..
When searching dont just google the Scout as other Frontier range have the L dinette and dimensions for that area.

This is a Comanche I think but gives you an idea of how it works..

2018-Auto-Trail-Comanche-S-12.JPG

OP
OP
dough

dough

Free Member
Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail Scout
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for that. I had hoped that it would look something like this 2015 Delaware. Maybe I will have to get it bespoked. It would be relatively straight forward to cut the bulkhead to required shape and reapply edging.
57581419_infinity.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Thanks for that. I had hoped that it would look something like this 2015 Delaware. Maybe I will have to get it bespoked. It would be relatively straight forward to cut the bulkhead to required shape and reapply edging.

This is what our Savannah with the optional half dinette looks like.
upload_2017-10-27_11-34-0.png

upload_2017-10-27_11-34-57.png

The side facing return seat (base and rear cushion) lifts out so you can use the folding table and drivers seat as a dining area. The table is also used (in a flat format) as the base for a bed in the same area.
Hopefully helps. Let me know if any questions.

ps the Scout is more like the Comanche in half dinette format as the side facing seat is longer.
pps page 72 of the 2017 brochure show the layout options.

Attachments

• Auto-trail 2017.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
OP
OP
dough

dough

Free Member
Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail Scout
Exp
Since 2011
Yes that is precisely the type of layout we are looking for. I wonder whether the longer side part of the lounge in the Comanche and Scout necessitates a different bulkhead panel shape. Once I get the quote from Auto-Trail and have a contact there to speak about it I'll find out what they say.

If the price is within the bounds of reality then I'll need to decide whether to take it to Grimsby or contact an NCC Approved Workshop which Auto-Trail said should be able to do it. Just not sure whether the pain of taking it all the way south to the factory outweighs the unknown risks of a workshop.

btw how do you find the circular coffee table? We had thought about one but people seem to have a love it/hate it attitude with them.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
It's a bit confusing the kitchen runs down one side so you could only have half a lounge.
We have a Delaware which has the option of the half dinette, our kitchen is in the centre
so full lounge available.

Ray

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Yes that is precisely the type of layout we are looking for. I wonder whether the longer side part of the lounge in the Comanche and Scout necessitates a different bulkhead panel shape. Once I get the quote from Auto-Trail and have a contact there to speak about it I'll find out what they say.

If the price is within the bounds of reality then I'll need to decide whether to take it to Grimsby or contact an NCC Approved Workshop which Auto-Trail said should be able to do it. Just not sure whether the pain of taking it all the way south to the factory outweighs the unknown risks of a workshop.

btw how do you find the circular coffee table? We had thought about one but people seem to have a love it/hate it attitude with them.

Yes, the bulkhead is a different shape in the Comanche which is different again to the Scout. Ours is basically an "L" shape.
We really like the coffee table as we've mounted an additional TV above the travelling seats and use the table when watching from rotated cab seats.
Don't think you be able to mount the coffee table in a Scout as it needs to rotate away over the longer lounge couch. You'll have the cooker there.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have got a Scout with the front dinette and rear lounge

I didn’t realise there were any other layout options

OP
OP
dough

dough

Free Member
Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail Scout
Exp
Since 2011
Yes you can order it with a double dinette (DD) which has seat belts on each of the four seats round the table, half dinette (HD) which only has seat belts on the rear two dining seats and a lounge dinette (LD) which has the L-shaped lounge and seat belts on the two forward facing seats of the L.

We bought ours from stock with the double dinette and we use the rear lounge as a very large fixed bed which we usually end up sharing with the dogs hence why a normal double bed is not great for us. I've always felt that all motorhome layouts (excluding large RVs) have to compromise in some way. We really like the Scout layout but now that we have spent 20 or so nights in it we feel that the lounge dinette would improve it for our needs.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why not remove the wall mounted table and use a smaller free-standing one instead, this would allow you to put a bridging 'base' across the gap from the front dinette seat to the rear one to make a smaller 'U' shaped lounge, with a base cushion on the board it and loose scatter cushions behind under the window - it would give you a chance to see IF changing the layout would work for you before you go to the expense of actually doing it permanently.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back