Scottish stay at home order ends Friday 2nd April (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Well done again Sandra you do seem to be on excellent terms with the Council in many areas.
Ever think of politics as a new career I'm sure you and your natural diplomatic/tact skills would succeed admirably
Ian
Well you know I actually will take folk to task. Earlier today I had this reply in response to the post by...

no overnights, best be safe than sorry.
Wasnt a government website so again I queried it and got this reply. there is no specific information for motorhomes parking up. The no overnight stays refers to accommodation eg camping sites. The current restrictions from the Scottish Govt are to 'stay local' ie stay within your local authority area which you can find at <Broken link removed>. Travel is due to open up from 26th April. Check our regular updates at https://www.visitscotland.com/about/practical-information/covid-19-recovery-phases/. -Julie

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
I thought the no overnight stay was a blanket no overnight not kipping down on a lay-by. Fines and threats of arrest have been dished out up here for the very same reason. No overnight means that you can go out in your local area but must return home that day ? People reading it looking for excuses to break it. Well the plod up here are fed up with it and getting hardball now. I don’t blame them really. 😷💉🦠😷

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Plod v facts? You really cant argue with facts which is the information ive obtained.
PS: If I stayed local and was fined Id be challenging it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
I think your reading into it that you can. the no overnight includes sites that are closed already the no overnight means no over night anywhere unless you are allowed to be work trucker and do on, a jolly isn't in the list. Show me where it says you can stop in a lay-by or off road. I can’t see anything of the sort. Some people are reading if it’s not listed it must be ok. Pitty them. Show me where it’s ok to stay overnight when we are still in a no overnight ban????

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I think your reading into it that you can. the no overnight includes sites that are closed already the no overnight means no over night anywhere unless you are allowed to be work trucker and do on, a jolly isn't in the list. Show me where it says you can stop in a lay-by or off road. I can’t see anything of the sort. Some people are reading if it’s not listed it must be ok. Pitty them. Show me where it’s ok to stay overnight when we are still in a no overnight ban????
Didn't you see my post?
Coming from the SNP is from the horses mouth as far as I can see. Why would you think listening to hearsay would be better? Have they made the effort to get facts or idle gossip?

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Didn't you see my post?
Coming from the SNP is from the horses mouth as far as I can see. Why would you think listening to hearsay would be better? Have they made the effort to get facts or idle gossip?
Please refresh my mind I didn't see your post

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
YES YES YES!!!
Fed up with all the squabbling I wrote to the local councillor for clarification. Heres the reply...If you want to go wilding in your area go do it :)

Good evening Councillor Linden

There is a requirement to cease the provision of holiday accommodation in a level 4 area, this includes in caravan parks and campsites. Ms N**** indicates the intention would be to park in an area not considered a campsite or caravan park, therefore, there is no prohibition within the Covid Regulations that would prevent a motorhome owner from going on a trip within their own local authority area.

Stay local is advice and not law but there is a legal requirement not to leave a level 4 area (Schedule 5, paragraph 14 Restriction on leaving level 4 area).

I hope the above answers the enquiry. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Michelle McKenna

Senior Trading Standards Officer

North Lanarkshire Council
Going on a trip in your local authority area and stay local.
yes you can go a trip in your local area. And park Not stay the night. Stay local means do not leave your local area. It certainly doesn’t mean you stay as in STAY overnight. The law said no overnight and what you posted doesn’t say you can break the no overnight rule On your day trip out. Why don’t you reply to the person asking if you can stay overnight any ware in a region 4 area. I bet he will reply stating you can’t he only said you can park up. Park up is not permission to stay the night.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
I thought the no overnight stay was a blanket no overnight not kipping down on a lay-by. Fines and threats of arrest have been dished out up here for the very same reason. No overnight means that you can go out in your local area but must return home that day ? People reading it looking for excuses to break it. Well the plod up here are fed up with it and getting hardball now. I don’t blame them really. 😷💉🦠😷
Overnight stays are specifically banned in the English rules but there is no such stipulation in the Scottish ones. If I have missed it please tell me exactly where I can find it.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Please refresh my mind I didn't see your post
See post 56. My question was specifically about staying overnight, not a day trip and was sent to the SNP councillor for my area. I’m happy with the reply , should I be pulled up by the police I can show them the email sent to SNP and reply.
No one has mentioned overnighting in any tier 4 area, my Q was overnighting in your own local authority area.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
See post 56. My question was specifically about staying overnight, not a day trip and was sent to the SNP councillor for my area. I’m happy with the reply , should I be pulled up by the police I can show them the email sent to SNP and reply.
No one has mentioned overnighting in any tier 4 area, my Q was overnighting in your own local authority area.
I have just seen a post on FB by a woman who says her husband asked Jason Leitch this question on Radio Scotland and was told overnight stays in self contained MHs are permitted. As I did not hear the broadcast I have emailed Prof Leitch for confirmation. Will post his reply as soon as I get it.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Cheers, you can listen to the broadcast online. I’ve just started listening in now.

EDIT: Last years Ive been listening to. Glad I cottoned on quite quickly. :rofl:

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Ever think of politics as a new career I'm sure you and your natural diplomatic/tact skills would succeed admirably
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hey Ian, that's nearly as funny as saying the Auld Yin, old-mo , should consider a new career as a stand-up comedian!:whistle2::RollEyes:

irnbru Sorry Sandra but I've got the hazel switches out now and am trashing my back as we speak!:crying:

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Once again mate please show me where he said it was ok for you to overnight. I didn’t see anything relating to overnighting. Please. Show

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Once again mate please show me where he said it was ok for you to overnight. I didn’t see anything relating to overnighting. Please. Show
As I said, My Q was solely relating to overnighting, I really don't care if you don't believe me. I actually was going to post the email sent but since your doubting my word I wont bother.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Well please post it it will clear things up as what you have posted says nothing about overnight stays please post the full email to Clear things up once and for all. You should have posted the full email at the start

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
And how am I doubting your word I’m only asking for clarity of your post. The email will sort it out

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Nope! Don't like how you disbelieve me. I will however happily show the email to someone else that can verify the contents. :)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hey Ian, that's nearly as funny as saying the Auld Yin, old-mo , should consider a new career as a stand-up comedian!:whistle2::RollEyes:

irnbru Sorry Sandra but I've got the hazel switches out now and am trashing my back as we speak!:crying:
Sandra's career change was possible but you're just being ridiculous and incredulous about Old Mo!!!!!!!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ive just sent it to Ashley F but dont have a problem forwarding it to Jim too.

Ashley F

Funster
Jul 26, 2016
Redcar
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
2 years
Ive just sent it to Ashley F but dont have a problem forwarding it to Jim too.
Sandra, thanks for the email regarding you asking the Councillor about your staying overnight in your self contained mh whilst staying very local to home and can confirm that is correct.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Nope! Don't like how you disbelieve me. I will however happily show the email to someone else that can verify the contents. :)

It’s my ⚽️ and I’m taking it home, so there!

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back