Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Border has never been closed, but Scotland isn't open, yet. 15th July at the moment, subject to change/confirmation.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Border has never been closed, but Scotland isn't open, yet. 15th July at the moment, subject to change/confirmation.
Still not stopping the numpties from travelling to do the NC500 Or further afield,

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Just wait till you have to go into 14 day quarantine :whistle2:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Do not play into their hands just do not go more than 5 miles and go out again.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Always used to go into that layby on the Border when taking coach parties to Scotland. Told them it was passport control so have their passports ready - witness the occasional panic! Also told them they'd need to change cash too - I could offer them a good rate.....................! :whatthe:

Used to be a bagpiper who you could call beforehand and he'd play tourists into Scotland - for a price of course. :LOL:

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
No sorry, wind neck in have SIL who insists she is Scottish despite being born in St Helens! Her brothers live in California and China and she lives in the Fylde. I rest my case if its that good why have they not stopped there ?

AND DUCK

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Something to be aware of, there have been more infections, pro rata, in Scotland than England. There have been more fatalities, however, in England, probably due to the higher ethnic diversity.

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Arguably you get access to Scotland from the 3rd of July.

From then, under current guidance you can travel any distance you want and stay in your own self sufficient accommodation (2nd home, static caravan, Motorhome, caravan etc where you are not sharing any shared facilities).

However all bars, restaurants etc will still be shut until 15th July, and of course you would need to check if sites will be open if you choose to stay on a site.

The details:

• 3 July – Travel distance limit for leisure will be lifted
  • 3 July – Self-catering holiday accommodation will be permitted, providing it requires no shared facilities between households
  • 6 July – Outdoor hospitality can commence subject to the Scientific Advisory Group review

Indicative Phase 3 dates:

• 10 July – People can meet in extended groups outdoors, with physical distancing
  • 10 July – Households can meet indoors with up to a maximum of two households, with physical distancing
  • 13 July – Organised outdoor contact sport can resume for children and young people, subject to guidance
  • 13 July – All dental practices begin to see registered patients for non-aerosol routine care, and work will begin to return aerosol generating procedures to practice safely
  • 13 July – Increasing capacity within community optometry practices for emergency and essential eye care
  • 13 July – Non-essential shops inside shopping centres can reopen, subject to the Scientific Advisory Group review
  • 15 July – All childcare providers can open subject to individual provider arrangements
  • 15 July – All holiday accommodation will be permitted
  • 15 July – Indoor hospitality can reopen, subject to the Scientific Advisory Group review
  • 15 July – Hairdressers and barbers can reopen with enhanced hygiene measures
  • 15 July – Museums, galleries, cinemas, monuments, libraries will reopen with physical distancing and other measures, such as ticketing in advance

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Just love all these smug opinions on some of us being "numpties'

We have been on lockdown since we got back from Spain in March. That said, we have all been working too, some by choice, some not.

So, after seeing what we have seen on our doorstep, from the government, politicians and the like, can't really blame the "numpties"

Last edited:

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
What happened to the *YOUR* that was sprayed on the signs after wee Nicky's failure to get independence?

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Just love all these smug opinions on some of us being "numpties'

We have been on lockdown since we got back from Spain in March. That said, we have all been working too, some by choice, some not.

So, after seeing what we have seen on our doorstep, from the government, politicians and the like, can't really blame the "numpties"

I think people are referring to the “numpties” attempting to go on holiday in Scotland over the last month or so whilst there is a 5mile travel ban in place and ban on staying overnight anywhere apart from your main home, i.e. lockdown.

Personally, I do think that anyone breaking the ban for non-essential reasons is a numpty; and that of course includes Politicians and government advisors. If we all decided to ignore the rules and just do what we want then it’s likely we would be in a much worse position right now.

Don’t get me wrong, I fully understand the desire / need to get away from it all and to use our “assets” but being a member of society and our communities comes with some responsibility (albeit that some government officials thinks that doesn’t apply to them).

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
I think people are referring to the “numpties” attempting to go on holiday in Scotland over the last month or so whilst there is a 5mile travel ban in place and ban on staying overnight anywhere apart from your main home, i.e. lockdown.
The 5 mile travel ban only applies to travel to a place to exercise. You can go as far as you like to meet family or friends or for shopping.

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
The 5 mile travel ban only applies to travel to a place to exercise. You can go as far as you like to meet family or friends or for shopping.

Agreed....however I’m sure going on holiday in your MoHo doesn’t classify as going shopping or visiting your parents (unless you are Dominic Cummings, in which case you can do what you want ;-)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
But would have to quarantine when coming back home!
[/QUOTE]
Except how would anybody know if you’ve been away and come back home again

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
But would have to quarantine when coming back home!
Except how would anybody know if you’ve been away and come back home again
[/QUOTE]
Border controls? Police road blocks? Neither would work. There are too many crossing points.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
The M74 and M6 have blanket coverage with ANPR cameras.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back