lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Right folks since there seems to be a wee bit of interest i thought to start with i would email the site i posted and ask them a couple of questions.

i have asked them how many they could take and how strict they would be with their alchool rule. I have said most folk would use the bar for a pint or two but would also like to sit with friends and drink in their vans, i will fill you in when he replies.

Gerry

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Right folks since there seems to be a wee bit of interest i thought to start with i would email the site i posted and ask them a couple of questions.

i have asked them how many they could take and how strict they would be with their alchool rule. I have said most folk would use the bar for a pint or two but would also like to sit with friends and drink in their vans, i will fill you in when he replies.

Gerry
Count me out as I'm of to New Zealand for a few weeks then to see my Grand Kids on a personal point i would have preferred a more central location and as I have said in previous threads the amount of pm i have rec that suggested Loch Lomand My feeling is that there is a mini meet in Inverness now it looks like there will be one in the Borders.So early next year i will contact all the funsters that have been in touch and have a meet in the Central Belt

Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Bailey, have a great trip to New Zealand what a wonderful place to visit, when you get back and look into holding a meet why not put it on the open forum, just because people have not sent pm's doed not mean they are not interested in a meet in other locations in Scotland.

I look forward to any meets in Scotland, as has been said the amount of motorhomes touring Scotland shows the interest. :Smile:

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
Bailey, have a great trip to New Zealand what a wonderful place to visit, when you get back and look into holding a meet why not put it on the open forum, just because people have not sent pm's doed not mean they are not interested in a meet in other locations in Scotland.

I look forward to any meets in Scotland, as has been said the amount of motorhomes touring Scotland shows the interest. :Smile:
Carol the reason for my thread was that I have had several pm to have a meet in the Central Belt

Bill

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Just been reading the thread from the start. As organiser of Highland Gatherings and minimeets I would suggest that you work on a small meet to start with. We have now had 8 meets (2 a year for the last 4 years), but in order to get reasonable numbers (14 vans at the minimeet this year) they are open to peeps from several forums. I think the most we have had from any one forum at a meet is about 6. I know we are far north - but it is still over 100 miles if you come from Thurso::bigsmile:
For something centralish (more central than Inverness or Dumfries) there is a small site called the Clink in Auchtermuchty. Haven't ever been but I'm sure someone on here has, and have heard good reports and have met the owners and I know they will be very hospitable.
I am happy to offer assistance in the planning, if required, although I cannot guarantee to be there.
There will be a Highland gathering again in early summer, and a minimeet later in the summer next year

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
Just been reading the thread from the start. As organiser of Highland Gatherings and minimeets I would suggest that you work on a small meet to start with. We have now had 8 meets (2 a year for the last 4 years), but in order to get reasonable numbers (14 vans at the minimeet this year) they are open to peeps from several forums. I think the most we have had from any one forum at a meet is about 6. I know we are far north - but it is still over 100 miles if you come from Thurso::bigsmile:
For something centralish (more central than Inverness or Dumfries) there is a small site called the Clink in Auchtermuchty. Haven't ever been but I'm sure someone on here has, and have heard good reports and have met the owners and I know they will be very hhospitable.
I am happy to offer assistance in the planning, if required, although I cannot guarantee to be there.
There will be a Highland gathering again in early summer, and a minimeet later in the summer next year
Hi there has been a couple of times the i have tried to get to one of your meets but due to other commitments i have had to cancel.The main reason that I suggested the Central belt is that it accommodates the North of England as well as a large proportion of funsters in Scotland.The only stipulation that I would insist on is that you must have a Mac in you name and because of insurance stipulations you must be have Skin So Soft to keep the midges away ,though to date i have never had any problems with them, but don't tell anyone down south because they will clog up our roads when they find out that they are only a myth

Bill

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Count me out as I'm of to New Zealand for a few weeks then to see my Grand Kids on a personal point i would have preferred a more central location and as I have said in previous threads the amount of pm i have rec that suggested Loch Lomand My feeling is that there is a mini meet in Inverness now it looks like there will be one in the Borders.So early next year i will contact all the funsters that have been in touch and have a meet in the Central Belt

Bill

Hi Bill
Hope you have a great time with the grandkids, i am only putting out suggestions as you tend to find a lot of folk are interested but not many do anything about it. Hopefully if we do arrange one or two you will make it along and please let me know if you go ahead with one near Loch Lomond.

jimire

Free Member
Mar 6, 2013
renfrewshire, scotland
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Carol the reason for my thread was that I have had several pm to have a meet in the Central Belt

Bill

If you do, please let us know, as we have not been to one yet , and not too far from home would be a good start

Irene

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back