Free Member
Jun 25, 2012
durham
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, we're new to motorhoming and are going to Scotland soon for our first week away, we would really appreciate any advice on where to stay, we have two girls 17 and 12, quite fancy some wild camping but would that be suitable for us? Thanks Sandra

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Here are a couple of good spots on common land which allow camping.Just north of Inverasdale on the west shore of Loch Ewe- nice beach and great view across the loch but quite remote. Sheidaig - just above village on common grazing- great spot for sunsets.I would be happy with these as a couple but you may need to keep your teenagers 'entertained!" Enjoy your hol.:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Here are a couple of good spots on common land which allow camping.Just north of Inverasdale on the west shore of Loch Ewe- nice beach and great view across the loch but quite remote. Sheidaig - just above village on common grazing- great spot for sunsets.I would be happy with these as a couple but you may need to keep your teenagers 'entertained!" Enjoy your hol.:thumb:

Johnstey was there a link in there? Be interested in these my self :Smile:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Thanks for sorting the links Philip.The Loch Ewe one as I remember has an honesty box where £2 is suggested towards the village hall funds! Fantastic place just to sit and watch the rollers coming from the Atlantic.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Sandra

Scotland is a big place so might help if you where to let us know how long you have and what you would like to see. I personally would recomend Dumfries and Galloway may because i stay here:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Loads of stuff to see and do and loads of wildcamping plus the bonus being its a lot quieter than most of Scotland.

If you would like any more info please just as as i have a 15 year old daughter also so know how fussy they can be :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi there! If you do visit Dumfries and Galloway, as Gerry has suggested, I would suggest coming over towards Kirkcudbright and Gatehouse of Fleet.

If you're starting off at the M74 end of the A75, the Gretna Gateway Centre is great for shops, it's a retail outlet, loads of shops for all family members, great prices as well. Well worth a visit before you head west on the A75:thumb:

There is a lovely beach at Mossyard, (5 minutes away from us) and then there is the Laggan Outdoor Centre closeby, which has just opened a "zip wire", the only one in Scotland :whatthe: That might keep the girls (and yourselves) occupied for a while. There are some nice little shops in Kirkcudbright, plus a couple of nice tea rooms/small restaurants, nice harbour as well.

Castle Douglas has more shops and plenty coffee shops, if you're near to there. Good luck!:thumb:
http://www.lagganoutdoor.co.uk/index.htm
Margaret & Bill

p.s. Weather is nice here today!

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Depends how far up you want to go, theres loads of nice little spots in the highlands if you dont want to go that far no point me listing them but would if you are Gray. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

san846

Free Member
Jun 25, 2012
durham
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for all the replies, liking the sound of Dumfries, got to keep the girls amused! We're going to plan a route roughly but we dont want to be too organised,maybe I'll regret that decision!lol
Sandra

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back