Scotland (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Our great leader has announced that from 15th July pubs, hotels and restaurants should be able to open. There are calls from the tourist industry bodies to allow self catering, caravan sites and campsites to be opened before this date. All subject to change of course.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Our great leader has announced that from 15th July pubs, hotels and restaurants should be able to open. There are calls from the tourist industry bodies to allow self catering, caravan sites and campsites to be opened before this date. All subject to change of course.

I was going to post ❤️15th ❤️ July ❤️.
Can’t wait.
So excited.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Not a lot of use to me. We’re supposed to be on a motorcycle trip from Friday 10th July. Hotels booked ferry booked.
Oh well, I guess we’re not touring Scotland. This year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Let's hope so as Scotland is our destination this year. More importantly will we be allowed on to the western isles as we have ferries booked?

Mind you given you can get your money back on any booking upto October it doesn't look good.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I don't know about the Western Isles but Arran is trying to stop day-trippers.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I don't know about the Western Isles but Arran is trying to stop day-trippers.
Interesting ... so will they allow MHs going overnight?
We usually take our P4s on day trip to Brodick Castle ... great wee trip

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Grianan They want to get the business from folk that wish to spend several days on Arran , they fear if ferries run at 20% capacity it limits their business.

Roddy the Dog

Free Member
Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Isuzu Rodeo yokohama
Exp
I'm a newbie
Western isles is still full lockdown,ferry runs for goods and essential travel only,even using police at ferry terminals to turn folk away! Incident last week with a group of golfers trying to get to one of the smaller isles hiding in a van. Heard a story today of a local lady taking out her motorhome for a run round,as you should,and she was shocked at the amount of people waving fists and flicking V signs at her thinking she was a tourist who had got through the net! I bought my van on the island and have lived here 22 plus years but would be reluctant to go anywhere in it just now

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Western isles is still full lockdown,ferry runs for goods and essential travel only,even using police at ferry terminals to turn folk away! Incident last week with a group of golfers trying to get to one of the smaller isles hiding in a van. Heard a story today of a local lady taking out her motorhome for a run round,as you should,and she was shocked at the amount of people waving fists and flicking V signs at her thinking she was a tourist who had got through the net! I bought my van on the island and have lived here 22 plus years but would be reluctant to go anywhere in it just now

irnbru , this is what I was thinking would happen in most rural area’s just now 🥊

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
irnbru , this is what I was thinking would happen in most rural area’s just now 🥊

Yes it’s been like that for months. There’s no ferries to any of the islands for unnecessary travel, It was the Millport Ferry that caught the golf smugglers.

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
The owner of Sango Sands campsite has just been on the news saying he is loath to open at all this year along with other sites. He may just provide waste facilities to prevent 'wild' dumping. Also, the 5 mile travel limit will remain in force around Gretna, Annan, Dumfries, Locherbie and Langholm because of a surge in infections.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back