Scotland Winter Adventure - Andrew Ditton: You Tube (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I have just been browsing YouTube tonight and have found this series of Blogs by Andrew Ditton which is quite current( Jan 2018 ) and shows him travelling round Scotland in his (?) Motorhome. It is a bit cringeworthy in places as he seems to be a bit of a luvvy but it is worth bearing with for the Scottish scenery. I think it is quite well filmed. Below is a link to the first ( of 8 ) episodes and then YouTube automatically brings up the rest. Ironically the first one is his journey north , but don't let that one put you off!!

Jun 1, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Micro campervan
Exp
Since 2012
He's currently testing that Adria van. He lives full time in an Airstream caravan. I like his Scotland vlogs: his photography is good and you get a good idea of the place from his vlogs.

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
He's currently testing that Adria van. He lives full time in an Airstream caravan. I like his Scotland vlogs: his photography is good and you get a good idea of the place from his vlogs.
Seconded

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I quite enjoyed that wee video & I watched episode two as well.

It was particularly refreshing to see that he didn't make the classic blunder of shooting up the M74, he had the brains to turn left at the border onto my stomping ground in Dumfries & Galloway.
I recommend you watch episode two & see why I wax so lyrical about this area. There are thousands of wilding spots where no-one will bother you at all & the scenery is to die for. Parking is invariably free & the place is to all intents & purposes deserted. Go give it a try, I dare you.

Just ask @Wildbill what he's discovered, he is smitten & who could blame him?

Robert.

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Totally agree with ambulancekidd , Dumfries and Galloway absolutely stunning and much quieter than the Highlands. I'm 65 in April and until Two years ago couldn't see past the Highlands ,spent some time inD and G and was blown away. Lots of little towns and villages , Wigtown my favourite , with it's cafes and town square. Readinglassies is a must do , book shop with terrific cafe , and dog friendly. Coast or hills you won't go wrong.
The Ditton videos def worth a watch .
John

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I quite enjoyed that wee video & I watched episode two as well.

It was particularly refreshing to see that he didn't make the classic blunder of shooting up the M74, he had the brains to turn left at the border onto my stomping ground in Dumfries & Galloway.
I recommend you watch episode two & see why I wax so lyrical about this area. There are thousands of wilding spots where no-one will bother you at all & the scenery is to die for. Parking is invariably free & the place is to all intents & purposes deserted. Go give it a try, I dare you.

Just ask @Wildbill what he's discovered, he is smitten & who could blame him?

Robert.
don't tell every one they will all want to go their
vill

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Have watched most of his videos , they are watchable without the "no look at me" you sometimes get when it's a couple in the van.
He's doing really well for a guy who normally has a huge caravan in tow , being towed by a pick up, with a motorbike on the flatbed:D. He appears to come to Scotland a number of times a year, not daft then:D.
Give them a watch , better than most things currently on tv.
John

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi everyone.
I must confess to being captivated by this guys Vlogs on you tube, spending many hours watching his travel experiences and Caravan/MH reviews arroung the country, and at the big shows like The NEC & Dusseldorf.
I agree with ambulancekid about D&G, and Ayrshire in particular as thtas where my family comes from, although I am "The Sassinach" of the family as I was born in Surrey when my mum flitted down here very pregnant for my dads new job with BEA.
Yes he is an Airstream owner with a passion for The Hebrides and the Highlands that he seems to visit and blog about a few times a year. He is a solo traveller, and even does a post about travelling solo, advantages & disadvantages.
I agree also that his filming is very good, his descriptions are detailed too, so you do a good idea of what he is experiencing in real time.
In order to achieve this, he has some serious camera kit, along with a Patriot drone these days, he spends most of his time travelling to places and trade shows. He describes how he meets other subscribers to his Vlogs, along with other serious full time you tube vlogers, one specifically from Holland.
The Dutch guy with his family at the Dusseldorf show has a sign written You Tube logo trolley with two really, really expensive professional cameras and recording mikes, along with his own logo on his van, tee shirts ect.
My question has to be how do these guys make any money?, I guess they get sponsored by manufacturers and get free ticket invites to shows all over the world, with maybe a loan vehicle to review for a week or so. There are few of these guys on you tube now, all requesting us to subscribe to their Vlogs, so how does it work?, does you tube pay them also?
It must be great work if you can get it, although I feel very naive in asking how they do it.
I guess it takes a long time to build up enough "followers" and vlogs to get recognised, but hats off to them, so much better and realistic than MMM out&about live!

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
Another vote for YouTube I've been looking at the US stuff lately. Full time RVers, stealth campers etc on a recent visit to the youngest sons home in San Jose I used to walk past an old Winnebago parked at the kerbside looking like it hadn't moved for a long time with an old guy living in it and the parts of California I saw were full of campsites legal and not so legal

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back