Stuart o

Free Member
Oct 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all, thinking about getting some golfing in there, anyone got any tips on routes / courses that can accept MH into their carparks..cairnryan to Larne first week August if we can get some pitches organised ..

Thanks for any experiences on this ferry route etc ..
Stuart

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Stuart,

We travelled from Cairnryan to Larne about 2-weeks ago and there was no problem at all.

I would recommend that you arrive early so that you can secure a comfy seat onboard or else you'll be stuck on the outside top deck or sat in the central area where the truckers pass through from their truckers lounge (and some of them, mainly foreign, don't give a care about CV19 and social distancing from what we experienced).

Toilets onboard are a challenge too inasmuch as a 4-person toilet is often reduced to just allowing one person in at a time.

Otherwise the trip for us was fab.

We're in NI but the volume of motorhomes is very low indeed so campsites should not be busy albeit it seems that most people are heading down to tour the ROI.

I can't help on golf club car parks - sorry.

All the best,

Andrew

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
P.S. Give yourself plenty of time to get to Cairnryan as the roads can sometimes be extremely slow-going with trucks restricted to 40mph along the main routes and tractors etc.

It's tractor season anyway so ensure that you add at least 90-minutes to any calculated journey time from Dumfries to Cairnryan.

Good luck,

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
  • https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b4020-travelling-to-ireland-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/
    Ireland - current regulations.

• all arriving passengers from Great Britain are required by law to quarantine at home for 14 days
  • please note that this also applies to those who travel from Great Britain via Northern Ireland – it applies to individuals who have been in Great Britain in the 14 days prior to their arrival
  • if you travel from Great Britain, the 14-day period of home quarantine can be shortened if you receive a not-detected RT-PCR test result from this test taken at least 5 days after arrival
  • you must retain written or sms confirmation of the test result for at least 14 days
  • if you do not fulfil the legal requirement for mandatory quarantine, you are committing an offence
  • passengers are requested to arrange a COVID-19 Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test to be taken at least 5 days after arrival in Ireland
  • this test is free of charge
  • the test should be booked in advance of arrival in Ireland and must be booked for a date at least 5 days after arrival

OP
OP
Stuart o

Stuart o

Free Member
Oct 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks all, think I'll do a bit more investigation on routes / golf courses and bucket list locations , that and the possible covid changes on 19th will decide how we approach the trip ..

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Before you get on the boat you could try out some of the courses around Cairnryan e.g, Glenluce, Portpatrick and Stranraer. Just a thought for a little extra fun

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
If you are travelling round rhe antrim coast from Larne you might look up Castlerock..it has a first class course and there is a site in the village that takes tourers..a short walk to the club house from the campsite.
Portrush and Portstewart courses in the same area ..
Andy..

OP
OP
Stuart o

Stuart o

Free Member
Oct 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Andy , I did try but booked up for our dates..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back