Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
After the Union Show is over and done with next weekend I'll talk with them and see what they come up with :) regarding prices and dates.

Hi Puddleduck,
Could you please add us to the provisional list.
We could possibly spend a few weeks up North, based around this Meet.
Thanks,
Viv & Chris

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Now following this thread, let me see if I've got this right, some of our wonderful Funsters living in Scotland are trying to get together a "Funsters World Tour of Scotland" with meets following on from one another about every 5 days . Is this for 2016, have I got the general gist of it. I think this would be wonderful and Eddie and I would be really interested.

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Now following this thread, let me see if I've got this right, some of our wonderful Funsters living in Scotland are trying to get together a "Funsters World Tour of Scotland" with meets following on from one another about every 5 days . Is this for 2016, have I got the general gist of it. I think this would be wonderful and Eddie and I would be really interested.
Yes, you have the gist - really looking forward to this happening. Can you just imagine it - a large convoy of English and Welsh motorhomers gaily weaving from rally to rally across the Scottish countryside :party2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
AHHA, I have missed the gist of this possibly, I was intending to attend at one site only, is that okay or would I be expected to attend the whole rally, impossible to do as I still need to work to survive.
Many thanks,
Norman.

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
AHHA, I have missed the gist of this possibly, I was intending to attend at one site only, is that okay or would I be expected to attend the whole rally, impossible to do as I still need to work to survive.
Many thanks,
Norman.
Unless I've been reading this thread wrong - the idea suggested is series of individual rallies that people attend on a one off basis. Or for the "self-unemployed" travel from one rally to the next with the occasional wander off to do your own thing:happy:

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
and us, dates permitting (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Can you just imagine it - a large convoy of English and Welsh motorhomers gaily weaving from rally to rally across the Scottish countryside :party2:

Well the Goldwing rally which is held in Kelso some years do a "round the town" parade (when the 2CV rally was here they did the same) .... perhaps we should uphold the tradition!!!! Obviously the police and others would need to know if we did intend to do this.......

Reactions: LAM
OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs

I volunteered to organise "A" rally
I volunteered to organise a rally or two but nothing about a tour of Scotland but would be happy for the person who suggested it to organise it if they wish. I just dont have the time to take off weeks on end. Sorrry. I was more thinking of a couple scattered about the year but certainly one to follow on from Kelso.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thanks Sandra was not sure if I was reading it right thought different funsters around Scotland were organising separate rally's that followed on from one another, but what ever is going is good just was not sure. Thanks for the clarification.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Once there are some firm dates ,I would be interested,thinking of trying to tour for awhile next year,but need to map rallies out,so please keep suggestions coming,
What is the weather like in May in Scotland.!! Mhhhhh

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Received an email from the show ground in Dumfries with a price for hire of the field from Friday to Monday, personally I think it's a no go as the price is £2552. There would be room for over 100 vans although I'd doubt we'd get that many, I have emailed them back saying I think it's a bit pricey and wondered if they've made a mistake as I have seen other clubs use the field with around 20 caravans.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Sounds like a rip off to me when you could have the field here at Cressfield for £10 per unit per night.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Seems like a good deal Keith - are your skies very dark??

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Seems like a good deal Keith - are your skies very dark??

Not here close to the motorway, but the dark skies are not far away. Was up in the Galloway forest (that's where the Scottish dark skies centre is) earlier this week but it wasn't dark enough or clear enough to see the stars. As this month runs into September and it gets cooler, it will get better closer to the Equinox.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Also interested... I was planning another tour of Scotland next year, so to plan in some meets too would be great..

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sounds like a rip off to me when you could have the field here at Cressfield for £10 per unit per night.
I kind of agree with you keith to a point, as in if 20vans attended your field would be a bargain but if any number over 80 wanted to come then the field would also be a rip off. I have emailed her back asking if they can do it per unit per night.I will let you know the answer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back