scotland or new forest (1 Viewer)

doug 2072

Free Member
Mar 2, 2010
Funster No
hi
hired motor home for a week could anybody recommened sites scotland or new forest
cheers
doug

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
SCOTLAND! no contest.
Drive up to Loch Lomond, wild camp at Tarbet car park first night, the drive not too far for first day.
Then over Glen Coe on the second day, just as you get into Glen Coe there is a large site on the right, never stayed there though, but looks ok.
If you want a few more good wild spots, pm me.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hi
hired motor home for a week could anybody recommened sites scotland or new forest
cheers
doug

You've tried this once.

That's a mighty tall order, I don't know how many sites in the New Forest but there are thousands in Scotland.

OK one great one in Scotland, cheap too:
Link Removed

You don't say when you are going or where from, give us a clue and we can help more.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motorvating

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year
The highlands in the summer months can be a problem because of midges.

The highlands is generaly better spring and autum.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Then over Glen Coe on the second day, just as you get into Glen Coe there is a large site on the right, never stayed there though, but looks ok.
If you want a few more good wild spots, pm me.[/QUOTE]

Is that the car park right on top of the road overlooking Loch Tulla and the surrounding mountains:Smile: we broke down there:Sad: and had to spend the night there,apart from breaking down fantastic, saw the best sunrise I have ever seen, :Smile: back up there for Easter:Smile:

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Scotland

No contest must be Gods Country dont worry about the midges use skin so soft and they are not as bad as the mosquito's i experienced in the New Forrest

Bill:thumb::thumb::thumb:

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Is that the car park right on top of the road overlooking Loch Tulla and the surrounding mountains:Smile: we broke down there:Sad: and had to spend the night there,apart from breaking down fantastic, saw the best sunrise I have ever seen, :Smile: back up there for Easter:Smile:[/QUOTE]

Hi Ray,
No I didn't mean the car park just north of the Bridge of Orchy, the one you are refering to, but it is a great spot and not too noisy in the winter months. There is another good one a few miles further up as well just before the top of Glen Coe, but doesn't have the views over Loch Tulla, which are spectacular. I was refering to the car park at the visitor centre at Tarbet, just over half way up Loch lomond, opposite the hotel.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
New Forest:thumb: They speak English and the blokes don't wear frocks:ROFLMAO:

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Scotland

We dont dance round poles with tights on and skipping

Bill:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Caggsie

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
N Wales
Funster No
Exp
2 yrs
Defo Scotland, not been to the New Forest though. What do you want - rugged or flat?

I understand with the weather being as bad as its been that a lot of the midges are dead - hope so!!!!!:Eeek:

I take it that you aren't a member of the CCC or CC as you are hiring. 2 years ago we went to Scotland. Loch Lomond - Luss CCC site, I beleive you don't have to be a member to go to certain sites, Glencoe - CCC too very peaceful site and fab views getting there through the highlands. Edinburgh for some culture, here was the CC site and a bus route just outside the site. My fav place was Oban - fab little hut selling fresh fish that did the bestest ever langoustine at the (ferry port)- for peanuts. Here there was a CC affliated site about 5 miles out. Great views.

My aim in a year or so(once the Europe bug goes) is to go to the islands some fab photos on here from other members.

Where do you live? That could be the decider.

regards

Karen

allie sommerville

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
If you can get as far as the Black Isle, the C & C Club site on the Moray Firth takes some beating for scenery/dolphin-watching/peace ...
And it's on the East Coast, so not too many midges :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back