LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I see looking at the calender that there is a proposed meet in scotland over Easter.
Any further details yet? May I suggest this site.Welcome to Clachtoll Beach Campsite

Long way I know and slightly difficult in an RV but deffinately a lovely part of escosse.

Or were you thinking further south. We have wheels and will travel so don't mind where.

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
We'll be in Dumfries and Galloway and elsewhere in the lowlands over the Easter period...

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Looks good can they take RV's?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I see looking at the calender that there is a proposed meet in scotland over Easter.
Any further details yet? May I suggest this site.Welcome to Clachtoll Beach Campsite

Long way I know and slightly difficult in an RV but deffinately a lovely part of escosse.

Or were you thinking further south. We have wheels and will travel so don't mind where.

Hi Funsters from sunny Spain.:Cool:

I started the idea of a Scotland meet as we live in Dumfries & Galloway but Easter is a bit early this year so thought it may be better later. We wont be home until Easter so may find it a bit too soon

As to the venue it was felt that it may be a long way for some so I was looking close to where we live, just over the border.

There is a site at Ecclefechan, just off the M74, that can take big MH & I know the owner very well. I'm sure we could work a deal.

So lets see how many are interested.:shout:shout if you are.

Keith

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I am sure he would not have any problems taking Rvs. The road to the site are quite narrow with passing places though so may need a scout vechile. But as I said to someone else recently I did see busses go past therefore it must be accesssable to RVs. The site owner is called Jim and a nice chap. Sure he would not have any Probs with RVs as we attended last year and the place is basically a big field with toilet and shower block. I know it's a long way but very very nice.
Anyhow I dont mind where in Scotland it is, It was just a thought as a site we had visited before, another nice one is loch Linnie

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Hi Funsters from sunny Spain.:Cool:

I started the idea of a Scotland meet as we live in Dumfries & Galloway but Easter is a bit early this year so thought it may be better later. We wont be home until Easter so may find it a bit too soon

As to the venue it was felt that it may be a long way for some so I was looking close to where we live, just over the border.

There is a site at Ecclefechan, just off the M74, that can take big MH & I know the owner very well. I'm sure we could work a deal.

So lets see how many are interested.:shout:shout if you are.

Keith

I don't mind, It's just that the calender dates fitted in quite well with our plans, but Ill shout anyway. Never done much of Dumfries and Galloway, so that sounds nice also:shout:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Futher to my last post here is a link to the site I mentioned
Link Removed

Does anyone know the next holiday weekend after Easter?

Keith

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
8 mpg cant go to far up.

Zozzer

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Leigh, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Not Long Enough
Oops, looks like I've jumped the gun.
Just booked for Loch Ness Caravan Park for the week before Easter.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Oops, looks like I've jumped the gun.
Just booked for Loch Ness Caravan Park for the week before Easter.

Did you not miss our convoy last year by doing the same thing ?:Sad:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Another bay just up the coast also with camp site is Achmelvich.

These are stunning beaches & scenery to match. The problems can be the roads if you have a big rig. Most are single track with passing places, but you can make it with care & it will be worth it.

This is an awesome part of the country but worth every penny of the fuel used.:Eeek:

I would love to set up a meet up there but I feel not many would make the trip.:Sad:

Keith

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Welll I know of two vans that would. Myself and Dingray would probably be interested. But I would not travel on good friday, probably the saturday, or better still the tuesday till saturday after easter sunday would be good.

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
We wouild have been interested but to early for us .We are heading up there later prob July.Its a long way up,we lived in Kyle -of -lochalsh for a few yrs and Fort William before that ,its lovely up there But Clachtoll is a good bit farther up .

Val

Zozzer

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Leigh, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Not Long Enough
Did you not miss our convoy last year by doing the same thing ?:Sad:

Yes I missed the convoy, I could'nt get that week off after Easter and I end up going up to Fort William and Loch Linnhe March 16th during the severe weather warning. Absolutely brill time. But still long to make the trip up to Clachtol Beach which dosn't open prior to Easter.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
::bigsmile:is this meet going to tak place? or am I going up to dumfries on my own? Onlyit's the easter weekend so preumably something will have to be booked. I need to book the time of fromte slave factory.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Haganap
Just read your skiing blog mate sounds like you had a brilliant time with the kids.
Good blog I really enjoyed reading it.
Can't wait to get away myself now off to France next week
Sorry to hi-jack e thread :thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Hi Haganap
Just read your skiing blog mate sounds like you had a brilliant time with the kids.
Good blog I really enjoyed reading it.
Can't wait to get away myself now off to France next week
Sorry to hi-jack e thread :thumb:

Have a nice time, presumably your looking for snow?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back