DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Must have arrived in Jedburgh just as you posted @Garfields, as you say sun just giving it a go to break through the drizzle now :)

Dry drive up to around A69 was dry, from then we had some near monsoon conditions through to Carter Bar, stopped to look at what the view would have been if we could have seen more than a few yards

Now things are looking up here, dry, nearly sunny, G + T's poured, then off for a walk by the river in search of dippers, feathered types, not locals washing in the river :)

Bev has asked it to be made clear I parked ours

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

Forgot to add a photo of a freshly laundered Lola, who was then making absolutely sure she didn't get left behind

IMG_0936.JPG

will comment more tomorrow, was going to make mention of the company, but got FIL asking what I am typing, got away with showing him the photos :whistle:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Glad you made it to Jedburgh and beyond (that looks like Terry's van !!) hope it's all going well! Lola looks fed up with the weather already!!

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Glad you made it to Jedburgh and beyond (that looks like Terry's van !!) hope it's all going well! Lola looks fed up with the weather already!!

Actually Terry's van is now looking a little more like my MH, I had only had it half an hour and put a 'graze' on rear corner virtually identical to the one I put on ours a few weeks ago :(:(

Gonna tell him Bev was driving at the time :) he will not be so cross with her :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Lola looks fed up with the weather already!!

Keep up at the back there Anthea, Lola had just come out of the shower then, hence the sad face, she is actually now even wetter due to a walk at Carter Bar :) she goes frizzy when wet, actually she doesn't of course her fur does :LOL:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Keep up at the back there Anthea, Lola had just come out of the shower then, hence the sad face, she is actually now even wetter due to a walk at Carter Bar :) she goes frizzy when wet, actually she doesn't of course her fur does :LOL:
The face says it all....cruel and mean dad making her have a shower:LOL:

NMC = Nosey Mares Club ...... HQ is currently on the Morning Funsters thread:) but there are some male members too:LOL::LOL:;)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Carter Bar was thick foggy mist when we passed through in May but spent 4 days in sunshine at Melrose! Was that miserable piper there? The old one was lovely and there is a memorial to him but the new one is horrid and mutters about sassonacs ( sp) under his breath!!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Grassed yourself up David --I know Bev would not scratch my van :)You on the other hand ?I take it you never even got off the drive before scraping it --Show everyone the evidence so they can take the micky :LOL::whistle::):):)
terry

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Grassed yourself up David --I know Bev would not scratch my van :)You on the other hand ?I take it you never even got off the drive before scraping it --Show everyone the evidence so they can take the micky :LOL::whistle::):):)
terry
But are you on a 'if you bend it, you buy it' agreement Terry? If so, wonder what Bev thinks of her birthday pressie of her very own motorhome :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
from a distance it doesn't look much different :)

IMG_0938.JPG

the top one I have to hold my (or I would have preferred Bev's) hands up to, the bottom one I reckon is down to its former life in France (y)

IMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

BTW what looks like scratch on the skirt is a reflection of the car park lines, maybe made worse by my cock eyed parking :LOL:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
terry

technically I never even got it on the drive :(

will need to discuss excess contributions :whistle:

Bev has driven it since though, so all is not completely lost (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
technically I never even got it on the drive :(

will need to discuss excess contributions :whistle:

Bev has driven it since though, so all is not completely lost (y)
Ouch, could've been worse David - you could've reversed into your own van:eek: :LOL:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
In laws have now retreated to their lair, this is going to be a long 16 nights

Old people are just hard work......................

latest episode

FIL Bryan (the Y must be a clue) but he was apparently christened that way, I reckoned he just changed it to sound posh, went to loos adjacent to Jedburgh car park, they are closed and locked, but woman pops out of disabled loo, Bryan grasps the chance and wedges foot in door for a free pee. So far bad enough

Next thing I hear is a shout from afar 'JAY' pause 'JAY, further pause JAAAAAAY', now Bryan calls my MIL J short for Janet, ( it gets worse sometimes, Bev's middle name is Jane and he shouts (calls) her by her first two initials :Eeek:

but back to J, after enough noise to raise the whole town I go out and try just staring at him, doesn't stop him, 'wheres J' gone to the shops with BJ I shout ( I don't of course, just helping those that haven't caught up yet) gone to the shops I say as loud as needed to shut him up

He wanted Janet to need a wee, because it would be for free

I breath and return to my G + T

that was only one of a few events for today, cant bring myself to repeat them all, will save a couple in case he behaves one day :)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Better let Bev drive it :LOL: at least she won't bump it (y);) surprised you have not blamed MIL or Lola ;):D
Terry

MoKa

Free Member
Jun 22, 2016
STIRLING
Funster No
MH
Toyota Previa conversion
Exp
Newbies, preparing to full-time after house sale
Sounds like this is going to be a fun trip :roflmto:

Looking forward to your updates, and welcome to our lovely wee country (y)

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Sounds like you're going to come back with a few grey hairs, by the end of this trip, but I bet you are going to have some lovely memories too :);)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Will be following this trip with interest........

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
deep breaths with the outlaws is the answer David ,did he honestly try to get a free pee for his missus :) ,is he from Yorkshire by any chance ? the Yorkies make us jocks look like spend thifts(y);)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
deep breaths with the outlaws is the answer David ,did he honestly try to get a free pee for his missus :) ,is he from Yorkshire by any chance ? the Yorkies make us jocks look like spend thifts(y);)
Lol who wants to spend a penny when it can be free?!!!;)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
David do you not have a disabled radar key for the toilets? If not let me know when you are passing Glasgow and I will borrow you ours. Sounds like you might need it over the next few weeks.

There is a country western weekend on in Millport your last weekend if any of you enjoy that sort of thing.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thanks for that Sandra, (y) not coming near you this trip though.

and Matt, yes on the county of origin, which also makes the Y less credible in his name, far too southern for South Yorkshire :LOL:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

that was quoted more or less exactly as it happened, I would like to think you really couldn't make it up o_O

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
have a think on this scenario, 2 nearly 80 year olds in different MH's trying to communicate by walkie talkies that they bought and insisted on bringing

so many laughs already, I will add more to your thoughts later :)(y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
David this thread is going to crack me up, and if they get wind of it they will wind you up even more just for laughs, don't forget even though you may be near 60 your still their kids. :D

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
have a think on this scenario, 2 nearly 80 year olds in different MH's trying to communicate by walkie talkies that they bought and insisted on bringing

so many laughs already, I will add more to your thoughts later :)(y)
Morning David , had me laughing out loud already:LOL: which one is travelling with you? You know this is only the start of your journey as to finding out what old people are like don't you ;)

Edit: by that comment I mean when they're at the...... 'You can't exoect me to do that, I'm almost XY years old you know' stage!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back