Helen gasgas

Free Member
Jun 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Helen greaves
Exp
Just looking
Hi anyone know the rules on riding a honda 110 in france,I have holiday home and want to take it over in van to use,I have full car licence and took my cbt as someone said that's what I had to do,now I'm not sure if that's right,anyone know thanks

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Not allowed unless passed motorbike test, CBT is certificate of basic training not a motorcycle driving pass. L plates not allowed in France, you could get a French registered moped and use that I don't think they are restricted like ours .Or just do your 125cc test for the class and a pass, you are restricted on horsepower not engine size

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Not allowed unless passed motorbike test, CBT is certificate of basic training not a motorcycle driving pass. L plates not allowed in France, you could get a French registered moped and use that I don't think they are restricted like ours .Or just do your 125cc test for the class and a pass, you are restricted on horsepower not engine size
I didnt know that, but know your background and will take it as gospel.
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Just a thought if you did buy one in France it might save payload getting there and back plus the hassle of loading / unloading. It would need looking into carefully in terms of licensing etc. How are you getting around the possible restrictions on staying in France after next year?

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I once put a sling on an English rider who'd fallen off his 125 with L plates in the Isle of Man, so he could be taken hospital as it was obvious he had a fractured wrist

The policeman who was in attendance informed the rider that his provisional licence (he had done a CBT only) was not valid on the Isle of Man and due to being unlicensed his insurance was not valid

As the accident, which I wasn't witness to, only damaged him & his motorcycle, the policeman let him off prosecution - he was lucky

Worth checking these details - full credit to the OP for doing so

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Hi anyone know the rules on riding a honda 110 in france,I have holiday home and want to take it over in van to use,I have full car licence and took my cbt as someone said that's what I had to do,now I'm not sure if that's right,anyone know thanks
:welco:
Go for a direct access motorcycle test, then you can ride anything šŸ¤©šŸ˜

Edit: Something like this...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back