scooter racks (1 Viewer)

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Well I bought one some years ago from Towtal in Stoke,not perfect but has stood the test of time.
Needed to modify the over seat bar and the wheel hoop.
Wouldn't be without it but think the first step should be looking at Payload,scooter weight,overhang.Hope this helps.

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hi - yes I have the scooter on the back with an automatic lift. First one I had was worse than useless, and had to go back. Now have an american one made specially for RV's so has made my life much easier.

I couldn't cope with a trailer, but I think it would depend on whether you are constantly on the move, or go to one place stop a while then move on. Moving almost daily and sometimes parking in towns the rack suits me best. Though of course it has its downsides, as with all things to do with motor homing it is a compromise.

My ideal set up would be a Tardis. Small on the outside - huge on the inside - press a button and you arrive at your destination :)

Still then I suppose I would have no challenges to overcome :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I have a rack fitted for 125 Honda PCX. This year will have air suspension fitted when back in UK to allow lower back to make bike easier to get off and rise back when needed.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Steve, we are away in MH right now so have limited wifi. When we get home Friday I will post photo's of bike rack and details of planned air suspension

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back