• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Scooter Rack / Hydra Trail - anything considered. (1 Viewer)

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
I'm looking for a scooter carrier to suit a Hymer S820, currently fitted with a towbar - anything considered, but ideally strong enough to carry a 170kg scooter.

The Easylifter HydraTrail looks good, but seem to keep missing out on the ones for sale on eBay etc.

Not sure if a regular side loading trailer would be a nightmare for reversing due to the large garage overhang - anyone have any experience with these ?

A standard rear fitting rack might be OK but not found one to suit the chassis rail widths yet (think it is an Al-Ko chassis extension).

Prepared to travel, but would prefer something within a reasonable distance from Warrington.

Thanks

Maddison

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Caythorpe, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
22 years
I have a scooter rack currently fitted to my van. (Burstner Elegance 591). Seems to be a very good bit of kit but I have no use for it. Will be travelling up to Southport next month. Could always send pictures if you would like.
Elamine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Parapilot

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Hi Elamine, some pictures would be great thanks - especially of how it mounts - and also the distance between chassis rails if possible.
Thanks,
Alan email: amc {AT} f2s {dot} com

PS. Joe, I looked at alco racks but the maximum load was 150kg and the mountings seem different - perhaps because my van is a 2003 model ?
They also seemed fairly basic for the hefty price compared to some custom made racks, and for my limited budget I'd rather buy a used one (seems daft fitting a brand new one to a 13 year old van when there are quite a few used racks for sale). Thanks anyway.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
My Hydratrail is now up for sale, it is
Any questions PM me if you are still looking of course.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back