scooter and rack on starburst (1 Viewer)

worky

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
worcester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
hi folks - joined site recently and should have taken del of Starburst yesterday but due to "misunderstanding" on spec at factory have now been promised 13th April
(are you watching Mr Swift?), anyway the question I wanted to ask is regarding fitting rack capable of carrying small 50cc scooter, would the dealer be knowledgeable or would it be better to contact Autocruise direct, any advice most welcomed _ Clyde

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
Hi Worky and welcome. With regard to your query, last year M M M magazine ran a two part guide on fitting accessoriesto a Stardream which I found interesting because that is the motorhome we have. In the article they covered motorcycle carrying and because the weight factor they recommended and went for a tow bar from P W S engineering and an Easylifter Hydraulic Scooter/ Bike rack from Easy Lifter Systems ltd. The cost they qouted at the time was £520 for the tow bar and £595 for the rack. I hope that this gives you some food for thought and that you enjoy your Starburst as much as we enjoy the Stardream. :thumb:
Geoff

Upvote 0

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Scooter

Hi

From my research, I thought I could just bolt a bracket to the existing towball on the van. Not so. I need a new bracket etc under the motorhome bolted to the chassis.

I have seen a few examples recently fitted by Armitage Trailers, near Pontefract. I have spoken to the firm and they seem to be able to talk shop.

Russell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Autocruise!!

Hi, we bought a new Starburst in October and took delivery 3 weeks after Autocruise were bought out by Swift. Effectively our 3 year warranty went with them. Marquis, however, were excellent and picked up the warranty with no problem.

On our brand new Starburst, Autocruise had forgotten to fit a radio aerial! and had fitted a non standard window in the toilet/shower room and they could not supply the window blind and fittings "well it's good to have a bigger window isn't it" said the autocruise aftersales. I told him it was the only place you didn't want a bigger window. It took us 5 months to sort out these problems.

I think you will have a problem with Autocruise aftersales - it no longer exists, you cant even have a habitation check at the factory in Swinton and the last time we visited, (we have been lots of times) the aftersales was no longer there. We have just heard that Christine (who ran aftersales) is leaving, talk about rats and ships.

Having said all that, we now have a great motorhome and are looking forwards to taking it to France this weekend. So my advice is persevere and make sure that everything is ok before you take delivery, we found they are less eager to rush to sort out the problems when you have paid all your money and driven the motorhome away!

Ginny and Mike

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back