Schengen travel from 1 Jan 2021 (1 Viewer)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
So what are they going to do when you check in with 100 days on your passport?
God forbid if you have a crash after the 90days you right your van off and people get injured and your insurance company find out you shouldn't of been there. They don't need much to riggle out of paying do they ??

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Geoff,

I don't understand how you would become an overstayer after tomorrow. Nothing in either my a) or b) constrains anyone's freedoms in 2020. What's up for interpretation is UK citizens' freedoms in 2021. I am nevertheless heartened by the estimation by those on this thread of the EU's political generosity towards us when they have total authority to interpret EU law however they find convenient for them!

Dave

Ok not after tomorrow but on 1st Jan 2021 if your b) applies and my N days in last 180 in 2020, which would be 180 in 180.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
I'm
Still not Jan 1 st yet...Still talking to be done..Still optomistic😁😁
Still not Jan 1 st yet...Still talking to be done..Still optomistic😁😁
I'm with you, keep optomistic. Why would they make us the only ones under these restrictions? I believe Norway and Lichtenstein aren't members of EU but don't they still have free movement?

OP
OP
DABurleigh
May 19, 2014
Keynsham, Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2005
I'm

I'm with you, keep optomistic. Why would they make us the only ones under these restrictions? I believe Norway and Lichtenstein aren't members of EU but don't they still have free movement?
They are EEA/Efta states, a solution Theresa May rejected because she didn't WANT free movement.

Dave

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I'm

They aren’t making us do anything, we democratically voted to leave the EU, end free movement, are currently trying to negotiate a free trade agreement on our terms (difficult when we offer nothing but fish), and also now renege on our original agreement against international law.

The UK did all this to ourselves, we could have stayed, but, oh well.

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
I thought all those stupid people who wanted to leave the EU would be happy that immigration would stop. I bet these same stupid people didn’t realise that it would prevent US from having free access to Europe!! And as far as I can make out all it’s done is keep useful, for want of a better word, people like Doctors & Nurses & fruit pickers & tradespeople out, but it hasn’t stopped the flow of refugees, who by definition need monetary help and assistance, from crossing the channel. By leaving the EU we’ve managed to get the worst of all situations and I hate it when people say “I told you so...” but I told you so!
This will also mean that we’ve had three interminable years dissecting every tiny detail of Brexit on the News, now probably in the middle of 12 months of interminable Covid-19 micro-details and idiocy from our no clue Government, followed by another 2-3 years of interminable micro-detail on EU trade deals.
I really want to go to Spain now and be isolated from all this stupidity!!

Oops! Sorry! Another Rant!

Cheers!

Russ

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I think adding Convenient for them and there citizens is appropriate. Not Subjects please remember.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Migration has increased and will continue to do so, in great extent to our interference in other states. I would take my children across Europe too and locate a safe haven whatever the risks, to escape almost certain death or destruction
Our country took military action to free! Nations why would I not believe they would not wish to provide me freedom and safety for my family in such circumstances.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
As I understand it all parts other than trade are agreed and at present all that is in discussion is trade .

True, so we may find this thread is irrelevant when the 'other parts' are revealed.

Geoff

Feb 6, 2014
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer BC584 Classic
Exp
Since 2011
My retirement plans have gone to pot, as was hoping to spend the winter in Europe where the sun is. It rubs salt in the wound when those who voted for this have also applied for European citizenship, or have citizenship, (not talking about anyone on this forum) but then again this pandemic will probably scupper my plans anyway.
Some times it’s hard not getting political when discussing things like this, so I do apologise.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
My retirement plans have gone to pot, as was hoping to spend the winter in Europe where the sun is. It rubs salt in the wound when those who voted for this have also applied for European citizenship, or have citizenship, (not talking about anyone on this forum) but then again this pandemic will probably scupper my plans anyway.
Some times it’s hard not getting political when discussing things like this, so I do apologise.

It isn’t political wishing you could travel around freely. I can’t go as the vet cocked up and I don’t have time to get the dog tested now. Gutted.

I know exactly how you feel.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
It isn’t political wishing you could travel around freely. I can’t go as the vet cocked up and I don’t have time to get the dog tested now. Gutted.

:unsure:Can you not get your dog's blood test done now? so you have got the results of the Titre test as and when you need it? As we understand it, as long as we're travelling in Europe before the end of December 2020, the current rules will apply. Oscar had a rabies booster on 3rd September and is having a blood test (Titre) on 5th October (32 days after rabies booster). Hope we've understood the procedure correctly :unsure:

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
:unsure:Can you not get your dog's blood test done now? so you have got the results of the Titre test as and when you need it? As we understand it, as long as we're travelling in Europe before the end of December 2020, the current rules will apply. Oscar had a rabies booster on 3rd September and is having a blood test (Titre) on 5th October (32 days after rabies booster). Hope we've understood the procedure correctly

The antibodies won’t be high enough for the test to pick up as she needed a booster, which the vet insisted she didn’t initially. By the time they realised she would, we don’t have enough time as we were booked for December with a return in January. It’s an extra £160 to pay as well just for the test.

You need a clear three months from date of test till travel so you will be good to go on the 5th January. That’s if the test picks it up, you might need two. Then a return to the vet for a fitness to travel certificate before going.

For something that was supposed to reduce red tape.......

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I thought all those stupid people who wanted to leave the EU would be happy that immigration would stop. I bet these same stupid people didn’t realise that it would prevent US from having free access to Europe!!

...snip..

Oops! Sorry! Another Rant!

Cheers!

Russ

Have you noticed the difference between your post and others in the thread. The others are discussing issues that affect us and how we might negate them, while you are trying to enflame others and are trolling for a fight. The others can continue their conversation, you are out of it. Thanks.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp

:unsure:Can you not get your dog's blood test done now? so you have got the results of the Titre test as and when you need it? As we understand it, as long as we're travelling in Europe before the end of December 2020, the current rules will apply. Oscar had a rabies booster on 3rd September and is having a blood test (Titre) on 5th October (32 days after rabies booster). Hope we've understood the procedure correctly :unsure:
The antibodies won’t be high enough for the test to pick up as she needed a booster, which the vet insisted she didn’t initially. By the time they realised she would, we don’t have enough time as we were booked for December with a return in January. It’s an extra £160 to pay as well just for the test.

You need a clear three months from date of test till travel so you will be good to go on the 5th January. That’s if the test picks it up, you might need two. Then a return to the vet for a fitness to travel certificate before going.

For something that was supposed to reduce red tape.......

The titre test (IF it becomes neccesary) only applies when entering the eu (IF it applies!). Not for returning to the uk. Therefore, if you leave before 31/12 you won’t need it to get into the eu, and may only need the usual worming pill on returning to the uk ( at the moment!)

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
I’m still hoping that as we Brits are vital to the Spanish & Portuguese winter economies, that they’ll relent and as long as you can prove you have the funds and insurance to not be a burden on their public services you'll be able to stay for more than 90 days in 180.

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Why has this thread turned into a Brexit argument? It is what it is, there's no point arguing.
Jim's post above #47 seems to cover this off?

May 7, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry if this has already been discussed at length, but it's new to me. I had (wishfully) thought that the Schengen stopwatch would start counting from 1 Jan, but apparently it's already been going since early July this year! See screenshot of Gov.UK, primarily the second bullet.View attachment 428790
Surely bullet point 2 is an example of how the 90/180 day rule will apply from Jan 1st. Not that the 180 day period started in July 2020.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Have you noticed the difference between your post and others in the thread. The others are discussing issues that affect us and how we might negate them, while you are trying to enflame others and are trolling for a fight. The others can continue their conversation, you are out of it. Thanks.
In your opinion. He was merely pointing out what everyone knows . We've had 4 ,5 years of utter *******s & still no nearer any idea of wtf is happening except that the illegals are still arriving?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
In your opinion. He was merely pointing out what everyone knows . We've had 4 ,5 years of utter *******s & still no nearer any idea of wtf is happening except that the illegals are still arriving?
Calling others STUPID did not help..BUSBY

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
We wasted most of that time with Theresa May messing about
BUSBY.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We've had 4 ,5 years of utter *******s & still no nearer any idea of wtf is happening except that the illegals are still arriving?
We wasted most of that time with Theresa May messing about
BUSBY.
I agree with you both totally. We are seen as the laughing stock of Europe, and an easy touch for others. :mad:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

I was merely pointing out that his post with the petty remainer/leaver rubbish was at odds with the others who were all looking objectively at the issues.

We can all do without that, so do give it a rest, and in my opinion, no one here is interested in discussing it for years on end, and if they are, let them do it somewhere else.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I agree with you both totally. We are seen as the laughing stock of Europe, and an easy touch for others. :mad:

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Think that in the past..EU not getting mutch change out of Fox..BUSBY

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I was merely pointing out that his post with the petty remainer/leaver rubbish was at odds with the others who were all looking objectively at the issues.

We can all do without that, so do give it a rest, and in my opinion, no one here is interested in discussing it for years on end, and if they are, let them do it somewhere else.
Agree what is done is done.
Let's wait until the talking is done and dusted..Then we will see the facts and not The fiction.RULE BRITTANIA.😁😁

BUSBY.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
As I understand it if HMG and EU cannot make a sensible agreement regarding tourists wishing to stay in the Schengen area for more than 90 days in 180, there will be a visa application required. It's hardly onerous, you merely have to prove you are healthy, financially supported and not there for criminal purposes, and do not intend to stay indefinitely. The Visa application won't cost more than a tank full of diesel, so I don't think it's worth getting hot under the collar about a bit of bureaucracy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back