Schengen calculator (1 Viewer)

Sep 22, 2014
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Granvia
Exp
2weeks
Happy new year to everyone has anybody been able to work the Schengen calculators out I see it's straight forward if your doing 90 days in then 90 days out but wanting to go for a month then home for 2 month then got for another month then home for 2 month's it's saying we will be within the 90 days just wondering if people think this is right thank you folks

Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
On the day you intend to start the second (or third) 30 day period count back 180 days and see if you have been in Schengen for more than 90 days in that 180 day period. What you are suggesting should be šŸ‘ I find itā€™s easier to visualise if you use a paper calendar and a penšŸ˜€

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I think that's right. It looks as though you'll be going for 60 days (ish) in 180. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
As philann said, the 90/180 calculation is a continuous rolling number - count back 180 days from anytime you plan to enter the Schengen area and total up the number of days you were in the area in that period. Add that to the number of days you plan to be there 'this time' and if it is less than 90 then Bob's your catfish and off you go - making sure that you will be hotfooting it out of the zone before that total reaches 90. Loving all this extra admin but hey, what else would we be doing.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Happy new year to everyone has anybody been able to work the Schengen calculators out I see it's straight forward if your doing 90 days in then 90 days out but wanting to go for a month then home for 2 month then got for another month then home for 2 month's it's saying we will be within the 90 days just wondering if people think this is right thank you folks
I've used the on-line calculator on the Schengen website and it seems to work accurately for me. Much easier than using a paper calendar.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

Have a play about with a calculator. I like this one.

If you do one month/2 months, eventually your first days will start to drop off the beginning as you add them to the end. I hope that's clear? You shouldn't go over your 90 days in those circumstances.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I haven't seen a Schengen calculator I like. Or that is simple. Or that I trust. Let's face it, it is fairly easy maths and the only bone of contention is the rolling 180 days element.
They have made it easier because any part of a day is counted, so no quibbling with half days.
I suggest if you don't use your standard calendar you already have to hand, print one off from here, the world is your oyster as to design, start and end dates and so on https://www.calendarpedia.com/
Print more than one even, if your are messy, use a permanent pen, or have very complicated travel plans.
Print one off and laminate it and use a wipeable marker.
Now, 180 days is roughly six months, so at a glance you can see that.
90 days is roughly 3 months, or 13 weeks. So you use that as a guide. Then, when you are ready, you want to know for sure before you book that train/ferry/flight, you add the days up. Double check. Correct if needed.
Depending on how (what shape, maybe you could do a microversion) you print your calendar I am pretty sure you could even have a bit of card with a 180 day slot to slide backwards and forwards, because remember, it is a retrospective 180 days too, cleared only by a 90 day stay out of Schengen.
Personally the simplest ideas are best and this way would also please my inner Blue Peter šŸ˜‰ Janie
Shall I patent it now? šŸ¤”
Make a calculator kit? šŸ™‚
Anyone want me to work their days out? Let me know.
Lastly, yes, I know some countries are not in Schengen, but now you are just being awkward šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
I find it easier to think 90 days in the previous 180 rather than 90 in 180, that way I get a hang on it.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I planned to leave greece around the 1st of February and enter bulgaria and romania for a month or 6 weeks so i have at least a month left to get me through the rest of the eu countries on my way home....but it depends on the covid situations in these countries ....if its still rising ill stay in greece till the end of February and then do the same

I can't risk staying any later than that incase of problems. This 90 day thing is crap ā˜¹ļø
Im already on my 103rd day of this trip
Hard to imagine im more than half way through.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I'd also ensure you have at least a week 'in hand'.

From personal experience Immigration Officers the world over take a very dim view of people who cut their entitlement very close to the final date.

Keep in mind Immigration officers have the ability to ban you from a country, for ever, and they don't even need to give a reason.

Dealing with Immigration Officers is the same as dealing with the Bouncer at your local club/pub when you were 18 and trying to be 21, if you were banned for wearing the wrong shoes, then you were banned. FOREVER

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
I have an uncle who was an immigration officer and he reckons they donā€™t take a dim view if you cut it close.
He says they deal with fact not fiction.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
This is the EU 3rd Country Stay Calculator. If you have a partner/spouse who has an EU passport, you don't need to enter your stays when you travel together, it's only the solo travel that counts.

Official EU 3rd Country Stay Calculator

Steve

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Have a play about with a calculator. I like this one.

If you do one month/2 months, eventually your first days will start to drop off the beginning as you add them to the end. I hope that's clear? You shouldn't go over your 90 days in those circumstances.
It still does not add up to me!
Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 00.47.04.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back